We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable Dining with Teenagers in Noosa.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable Dining with Teenagers in Noosa.

We are heading to Noosa early December and would like a few ideas for affordable dining with 2 teenagers. As we will not have access to a car, venues walking distance near Hasting St. would be great.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable Dining with Teenagers in Noosa.

i wouldn't call anything near Hastings St affordable but I guess it depends what you are used to... but here s a tip for you.. it might be worth a taxi trip.... Noosa Villa hotel ( just been renovated)- love their $15 steak , chips and caesar salad special which includes a pot of beer or galss of house wine.- MDonalds near by

Tewantin Hotel - old style pub with good bistro meals, bowls club, sailing club etc.

the surf club in hastings st might fit your budget also.

Cheers

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
503 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable Dining with Teenagers in Noosa.

I was also going to recommend the Surf Club. The price of meals are quite reasonable and its a great spot to sit out on the deck and look at the beach.

Ma Mensa is also pretty reasonable for italian food. Cafe La Monde is another one that might suit what you are after.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,133 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable Dining with Teenagers in Noosa.

Definately the Surf club on Hastings street. Magnificent view and good, cheap food.

I acutally dont think the Hastings street restaurants are that expensive - given the rent that they pay - and still not at the prices you might find in,say, Sydney. ( and before I get flamed this was recently proven by the Courier Mail and covered in Gourmet Traveller) Also the standard is generally very high.

In saying that Ma Mensa has been sold - although the amazing ancient matire d is still there - and we were recently quite disappointed with our visit.

You can also catch the Riverlight Ferry from the back of the Sheraton- a great experience in itself - to Tewantin, and it stops off at Noosa Sound and NoosaVille which are both packed with numerous dining options, including Fish & Chip places, Thai etc...

enjoy

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable Dining with Teenagers in Noosa.

I agree with all of the above - Surf Club, Cafe Le Monde and Ma Mensa are all reasonably priced.

And if you're after a good lunch the burger place in the arcade across the street from Aromas is fantastic. A bit pricey but the burgers are great!

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable Dining with Teenagers in Noosa.

What about Montezumas. Great food and fun atmosphere. It's mexican themed and delicious. There in the Bay Village on Hastings Street Noosa.

www.montezumas.com.au

Well priced too

6. Re: Affordable Dining with Teenagers in Noosa.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 13, 2009