We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General questions about Noosa

Which Noosa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
298 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
General questions about Noosa

Hello

I wondered if you could answer me the following questions please:

What will the weather be like at the end of Aug we are staying 19-26th, will it be bikini weather or not?

I will be bringing my 1 year old son, are there plenty of child friendly eating places on Hastings Street that have high chairs and good childrens menus, not all with chips.

What are the things I should most see while I am hear?

What kind of beach is it ie pebbley or sandy?

Is there a hat hire shop nearby, if you can't answer this one its OK, I am going to a wedding there.

When does the work on Hasting Street start, will it start while I am there?

Many thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General questions about Noosa

The weather should be fine and warm in August, bikini weather for English, maybe not for locals.

Although I have seen high chairs in the restaurants i can't comment on the kids menus, I asssume kids menus are the same everwhere fish and chips etc.

It is a beautiful sandy beach!

Not sure about hat hire but there are shops selling them from the chemist inexpensive to the fashion boutiques. The chemist sells morey more beach style hats so if it is a beach weddign, you might be ok.

Good question about the Hastings St works, it hadn't started there when i was last there a few weeks ago, ( no one seemed to know)will check again this weekend.

So much to do, cafes, shop, walk the national park, wildlife, stunning coastal scenery, walks, ocean and river activities, tours to Cooloola national park, visit eumundi markets

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,789 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: General questions about Noosa

Just a tip...if you are looking for vegetables in place of a kids menu I knoe Seasons (at least it di a few years ago) will do a child sized vege plate. We just gave the little one we were with (not ours) a small pice of fish off an adults plate.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: General questions about Noosa

The weather in August will be generally nice, but not warm enough for locals so the beach will be mostly empty.

You should visit the National Park, and Australian Zoo. Also, a Noosa River Cruise is good to do.

The beach is sandy. It is a fantastic beach, and generally excellent for children.

There are many good eating places on Hastings Street for children. My favourite is Bistro C, overlooking the beach, which has a good kids menu and is child friendly but a little more sophisticated.

The only hats you will see are sun hats I suspect. I have never tried to hire a hat. Not everyone wears hats to weddings in Noosa, except if visiting from Yorkshire.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: General questions about Noosa

The work on Hastings Street will be in progress in August, but will be done in stages, so only part will be impacted when you are there, and hopefully part will be complete. They are starting at one end and moving along the street over a 5 month period I think.

Yeppoon, Australia
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: General questions about Noosa

CLG I saw the most amazing twin for Kath but with wiry maroon hair. But seriously a dead set ringer for Kath (Look at Moi Look at Moi!!!) I was actually speechless (now that is saying something!!!) I saw her coming out of a big Crazy Clarks shop no less. It was one of the highlights of my trip down that way........... If you see her I'd love a photo, I lost my nerve!!!

Cheers ThemMonkeys :)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: General questions about Noosa

Hi CLG

Yes the facelift has begun on Hastings Street, there is plenty of people on the beach and in the water today. Beautiful winters day here.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: General questions about Noosa

Best places to take kids on Hastings Street are Bistro C, Ma Mensa, Cato's and Cafe Le Monde.

Cafe Le Monde are great with kids - they even give you colouring in pencils and paper. Cato's has toys as well as colouring in gear but best of all, kids under four eat from the buffet for FREE.

End of August will be great for spending time on the gorgeous sandy beach, and swimming is a definite possibility. I'm a Qld local and usually swim all year around - although my partner and friends think I'm insane. ;-)

Not sure about hat hire places but the chemist has a good selection of hats to keep the sun off. If it's a hat to wear to a wedding then spend a bit of time popping into the boutiques along Hastings St to find something suitable. I don't know how you'll go, people tend not to wear formal hats to events these days. I'm off to the races this weekend and was appalled by the lack of choices available in hats and fascinators, and that's looking in Brisbane! But Noosa is a rare jewel for clothing, you may be lucky enough to find something sensational.

Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: General questions about Noosa

The work on Hastings Street started on 2nd July. They are doing it section by section with each part taking about 6 weeks to complete. They are also stopping during September/October holidays and again December/January.

It will be around the Fairshore/Sebel/Bay Village area when you are here. Lots of traffic delays getting in and out and some noise but not too bad.

9. Re: General questions about Noosa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 05, 2009