We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver to Albany, AU

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Vancouver to Albany, AU

I would like to know about the Albany Airport. Is it open 24/7? I am coming from VAncouver, CANADA and there seems to be no flight .... Is there someone knowledgeable enough to help me?

Best travel agencies? I have a very tight budget but this is my first international travel..... please someone help me?

Edited: 4:13 pm, January 04, 2013
11. Re: Vancouver to Albany, AU

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, January 05, 2013
Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Vancouver to Albany, AU

Kirsten - it would appear that you know little or nothing about Albany so I, like others, am very curious as to why you have chosen it as your destination? When I flew to Vancouver a couple of years ago I flew from Perth via Singapore and Tokyo.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Vancouver to Albany, AU

Be thankful Air Canada doesn't fly everywhere.

The only time I flew with them they were absolutely crap - and that was in business class.

Never again!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Vancouver to Albany, AU

You arent perhaps thinking of Albany in New York State???

In that case, its just across the continent & downhill a bit from you. Try Southwest Airlines, it'll probably be a couple hundred dollars.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,717 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Vancouver to Albany, AU

Hi Kirsten ~

Glad I saw your post. I can't fault you at all for wanting to go to Aust. I would live there in a heartbeat. But you are going to have to be realistic. Are you planning sometime May-August? Australia's winter which means at least our July temps. Are you planning at least 3 weeks? If not that's the reality check.

www.skyscanner.com .... This website will show you flights to Perth. Avoid Los Angeles airport. You can get a pretty good flight through Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific. Do not book through a 3rd party online booking website though, book directly with the airline or through the trav agent.

https:/…RoadCoaches.aspx ..... I don't know what this service is, the Aussies will have to help out here. I see on the schedule, last entry, what looks like a coach service between Perth and Albany. You will have to sort the choices and the time involved. But it might get you to and from Albany.

hostelbookers.com/hostels/australia/perth/ ...... You will find some hostels here for a huge number of cities in Aust, including Perth and Albany.

travelcuts.com/contact-us/….UOkLnLagqHk ..... Do you know Travel Cuts in Vancouver? There's one at UBC and SFU. As well, you can find one in the back of the Travel Bug store on Broadway, about Bayswater. They specialize in student type travel. I would pop in to one of those to see what they can do.

I hope this helps you. In any case you could take all this info to the trav agent.

Thanks to all the Aussies on this thread who have tried to help Kirsten with her dream.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Vancouver to Albany, AU

I'm also wondering why you want to go to Albany. Do you have friends there, an occasion to attend?? Are you aware of how isolated it is and is not a capital city but a 'country town".

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
3,628 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Vancouver to Albany, AU

Hi Kirsten

Also intrigued about your decision. That said, I made my first international trip in the early 70's from Albany to Vancouver Island-took a lot longer than you will take! As others have noted you will get through to Perth by air( via HK is a great suggestion). Spend some time here to

get over jet lag then catch bus to Albany as flights there are very expensive.

https://www.transwa.wa.gov.au/

Just returned from 2 weeks in Albany having a great holiday. Fabulous region but car really useful.

When my kids went on their first solo international trip they joined tours at various locations- eg Contiki- great way to build confidence and meet others.

Edited: 7:27 am, January 06, 2013
18. Re: Vancouver to Albany, AU

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, May 14, 2014