We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Spa in Albany area?

Which Albany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
243 reviews
Save Topic
Day Spa in Albany area?

Hi - can anyone recommend a beautiful and/or unique day spa in the Albany region. I am visiting from interstate and want to take my sister & niece for a day spa experience for my sisters birthday while we are there.

Albany, Western...
Level Contributor
615 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Spa in Albany area?

Hi tez823, I'm no expert but possibilities that come to mind are Renew in Albany centre (very nice, though not what you would call unique, I don't think), the Sandalwood Factory near Albany and Chimes at Denmark (both perhaps closer to a unique or at least different experience, but I'm not sure what they offer). I'm not there at the moment to do the research, but they're probably google-able.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,447 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Spa in Albany area?

I am on my iPhone so I can't do a link here but if you google mount romance you will find exactly what you need. It's the best in the state - not just Albany !!

Albany, Western...
Level Contributor
615 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Spa in Albany area?

Oh thanks perfectlyperth for answering that one. I have never been there - sounds like I'd better go - strictly in the name of research of course. :-) tez823, you probably know that Mount Romance and the Sandalwood Factory are the same place.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Spa in Albany area?

Thanks guys - yes Mt Romance has been a favourite of mine for a while and I did see that they had recently opened a spa. PP - interesting you think they are the best in the state as I found their spa menu quite oriented toward their products (which I love) but limited in options - however, it is close to where we are staying and welcomes tweenies so that is probably where we will go. Be nice to stock up in store instead of online for a change!

Penny - checked out Chimes thank you but it is adults only so wouldn't be able to take my niece who is 11 :(

Renew looks lovely and certainly provides an all round beauty/spa service - I like the sound of their Chakra treatments.

Will have to consult with the girls and make a decision. Thanks for the input. Will let you know how we go - I just love visiting a spa when I'm on holidays!

Albany, Western...
Level Contributor
615 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Spa in Albany area?

Renew is certainly a nice place, and the owners have recently opened a juice and healthy(-ish) food cafe, Tonic, next door, so you could have an all round experience there. Tonic is open from 7am to 6pm, which has been a great addition to our "CBD". On that subject, but unrelated to the spa topic (!), since you already know Albany pretty well, check out Liberté (new cafe/bar on Stirling Terrace) while you're there.

6. Re: Day Spa in Albany area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, July 11, 2011