We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accom near fitzergarld national park and is 2WD okay ?

Which Albany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
453 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Accom near fitzergarld national park and is 2WD okay ?

Hi,

We will be going to the fitzergarld national park from albany then overnight somewhere before returning to perth. The initial plan was to drive back to albany to overnight.

Is it necessary to drive back to albany to return to perth or i where should i overnight for my return leg to perth ?

Also, is the park mostly accessible by 2Wd ? cos it's a farily long way from albany , so i will skip it if i cant do the park with 2WD.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
395 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accom near fitzergarld national park and is 2WD okay ?

There is basic accommodation at Quaalup Station in the park and a few options at Bremer Bay. It took us approx 2.5 hours to drive from Albany to Point Anne so it was an easy day trip. The road that leads to Point Anne and Quaalup leaves the Highway at Gairdner and is ok for 2 wheel drive, caravans can go as far as Quaalup but not to Point Anne. The roads leading into the park from the Bremer Bay Road were not so good when we were there in august this year. Our Subaru managed ok but small 2 wheel drives could have problems in places. All the roads are gravel so hire cars cannot go on them. The roads can also be closed suddenly, particularly if rain is forcast, so you need to check with the ranger before leaving albany to avoid disappointment. Try www.whalesandwildflowers.com.au.

singapore
Level Contributor
453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accom near fitzergarld national park and is 2WD okay ?

Hi,

Thanks ! seems like we will have to give it a miss as ours will be a hire car. Thanks again.

3. Re: Accom near fitzergarld national park and is 2WD okay ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 08, 2011