We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Albany 1st January 3 Nights

UK
Level Contributor
69 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Albany 1st January 3 Nights

We are staying on the above dates and maybe a little late in booking.

Had in mind the Beach House at Bayside but would appreciate any guidance. We would hovever need to change rooms during our stay

Also would like some good restaurants.

Any help would be appreciated

albany
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Albany 1st January 3 Nights

This is peak time in Albany and all I can suggest is you get on the phone asap and see what you can get.

As an accommodation owner, we have nothing left and a waiting list since July. Regulars often book a year or more in advance. Some places have a 7 day minimum for that time of year

Regarding restaurants, there is a wide variety with limited fine dining. Again, they will be busy at that time of year.

Julie

Albany, Western...
Level Contributor
615 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Albany 1st January 3 Nights

Hi Grabybaby

No need to give up hope, I don't think, as a search on the Albany tourism office site does give some possibilities. If you are able to get into the Beach House at Bayside, even if you have to change rooms, I would do that - as long as you will have a car, because the location is a little difficult without one. Not that I've been there, but it looks great.

Really good restaurants include The Wild Duck and Lavender Cottage (the latter only open Mon-Fri during the day and Friday night). Then a number of pub restaurants - Tanglehead, the Earl of Spencer and Lime 303. The York Street Cafe is very good too. As the previous poster said, there are quite a few.

3. Re: Albany 1st January 3 Nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:24 pm, October 12, 2009