We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mystics Keep - Peaceful Pet Friendly B&B Heaven!

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Mystics Keep - Peaceful Pet Friendly B&B Heaven!

Because Mystics Keep just has the one room for accommodation, it doesn't qualify to be reviewed as a place of accommodation, which is why my review is on this forum instead.

Imagine a retreat nestled into the countryside so you can only hear birdsongs, not cars. Close enough to the beach that you can smell the sea salt. A dish of homemade shortbread awaits you. Welcome to Mystics Keep.

My other half and I always struggle to find somewhere we will love that can take on our puppy Tilly.

We’ve found an absolute gem in Mystics Keep. We found it on Stayz and we are so glad we did!

Initially we thought we wanted to be right on the doorstep of the beach, and I’m so glad we decided to be just a five minute drive away so we could enjoy the tranquility of this 10 acre property. It is absolutely the best of both worlds, the country and the sea.

As we drove down on Christmas Day, my partner disagreed with the address I’d popped into GPS, and so a couple of phone calls to Mardi were made. She was incredibly helpful and lovely, despite being in the middle of Christmas lunch she took the time to give us thorough directions (I gleefully pointed out to my partner that I was right in the first place) and she called us again a little later on to confirm we’d arrived safely.

Mystics Keep is a comfortably sized apartment with a balcony, separate to the main house. I guessed correctly that Mardi’s husband Dave did a lot of the work in constructing it – the attention to detail on his behalf is excellent. The apartment is beautifully air conditioned, well fitted out with modern kitchen/bathroom, and I’m happy to report complete satisfaction with my most important feature – excellent water pressure in the shower.

Then Mardi’s personal touches come in. She has a flair for antique, but not over the top, quality styling. Little touches like crystal glasses, a vase of bursting fragrant roses and antique plates really give Mystics Keep a lovely relaxing feel. Although wonderful in summer, this place would be equally heaven in winter, thanks to high thread count white cotton sheets with a thick soft doona you could get lost in. The sheets are crisp white and smelled gorgeous, which is rare as often white sheets smell strongly of bleach!

Outdoors, thoughtful attention has been given to 4 legged friends. Tilly was delighted to roam around as she pleased (and boy did she please!!) and there is even a kennel provided. Mardi and Dave were very lovely with our naughty little miss who enjoyed running around, watching the chooks, playing with the dog and hiding her toys.

The level of attention provided is just perfect – true country hospitality! We felt looked after but we were given lots of personal space. Mardi and Dave are such gracious hosts and just lovely people in general so I enjoyed a good chat with them both.

I cannot recommend Mystics keep highly enough as a peaceful beach retreat. While you’re there, be sure to see if you can find where Tilly hid her toys!

3 replies to this topic
Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mystics Keep - Peaceful Pet Friendly B&B Heaven!

Thanks teetles, you have won me :-) Are they ready for two boxers?

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mystics Keep - Peaceful Pet Friendly B&B Heaven!

Definitely! The chooks are VERY secure, which Tilly was crestfallen to discover!!

Bellbrae, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Mystics Keep - Peaceful Pet Friendly B&B Heaven!

Tilly was such a well mannered little lady she is welcome back any time.

Two Boxers, we can surely accomodate that, we just said goodbye to one this morning. Just give us a call on the numer below and click though to my blog to see more photos of the studio.

Our rates start from $190 per night and $240 during the peak season.

Cheers Mardi

0408 990 315

http://mysticskeepstudio.wordpress.com/

Reply to: Mystics Keep - Peaceful Pet Friendly B&B Heaven!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torquay
More Torquay Topics