We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cowes nightlife

Which Cowes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
6,727 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
cowes nightlife

begining of december, night life??????

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
944 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cowes nightlife

We were in Cowes at the end of last November, and came back from the penguin parade just before 9, or was it 9.30? Either way, the place was dead ( Cowes is tiny anyway, I presume you mean COwes on Philip Island?). We found one restaurant open and that was it. Maybe they were all hiding somewhere??

PHOENIX
Level Contributor
162 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cowes nightlife

Cowes is a tiny, tiny place. I doubt they have much going on. When I think "party in Victoria", Cowes is not the first place that comes to mind.

Morrison, CO USA
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cowes nightlife

We had the same experience after the Penguin Parade. Came back into town and hoped to just buy a 6 pack of beer and take it back to our place, but there wasn't any place open to buy! There is, however, a pub right across from the ferry jetty that was open, but their bottle shop was closed. It must have been about 10pm I'd say. We went to that pub the next evening and had a blast there putting beers down with the locals. Being from out of the country, we were as much of a novelty as they were to us. That was a very fun night. The beers were not expensive either. Definitely a night to remember!

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,727 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cowes nightlife

thanks for everyones input.

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cowes nightlife

Cowes nightlife = oxymoron.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
601 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cowes nightlife

Good to know that the restaurants close early & we should have a bottle of wine in the hotel room waiting for us post -penguins! In March will we have the same issues? Where do you suggest 2 foodies eat dinner, and do we need to do it pre-penguins?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
134 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cowes nightlife

The Isle of White is the pub accross from the Jetty. Goes pretty well on saturday nights, although its more of a nightclub, thus, a young crowd. But if thats your scene then its a pretty good night!

Get answers to your questions about Cowes
Recent Conversations