We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PD vs Trinity Beach

Which Trinity Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NZ
Level Contributor
45 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
PD vs Trinity Beach

My family of 5 are going to Aus in mid-March. We have three boys ages 13 & 11, 11. We're going to Daintree, Tablelands and out to the reef. I've been looking for accomodations and have narrowed it down to either the Outrigger Beach Club in PD or the Sea Change in Trinity Beach. Any thoughts on which would be better? Also, should I get a tour operator for Daintree and Tablelands? What's the best way to see the reef? Thanks

Sydney
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: PD vs Trinity Beach

I've stayed at the Seachange with my family and we all love the apartments and the area. Trinity beach is well located for a trip to the Atherton tablelands by car or you can take the train up to Kuranda and cable car back. Our boys also enjoyed the cable skying and go-karts that are nearby to Trinity.

Also think about visiting Paronella Park (www.paronellapark.com.au) It's an extraordinary place.

OTOH We really like Port Douglas for the restaurants and it's much closer to the Daintree. We stay at the Mandalay & Shalimar appartments which are on a par with the Seachange but not quite as big. They are near to the beach but don't have a view like the Seachange.

If you have a car you don't need a tour operator for any of the attractions you've mentioned. However they will make it easier for you.

Regards

David

2. Re: PD vs Trinity Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, August 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Trinity Beach