We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation in mooloolaba or surrounding areas

Which Mooloolaba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
accomodation in mooloolaba or surrounding areas

hi i am thinking of staying in mooloolaba in late september early october i would like to find good quality apartments if anyone knows or can recomend a great place to stay.As we are coming from england we would like full amenities.Last year we did the gold coast and barrier reef.I would like a nice resort with some good eating places if anybody could let me know or give me some good ideas i would be most gratefull.

Inverness, Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodation in mooloolaba or surrounding areas

We have just returned from a great trip to Australia and stayed for 5 nights in The Sebel at Maroochydore. Excellent accommodation and there is an outdoor pool, jacuzzi and childs pool. Didn't find a lot of good restaurants in Maroochyore but if you've a car it's not far to Maloolaba.The apartments at The Sebel are so nice you don't really want to leave them. It is also very quiet and we were there over Xmas.

mold north wales uk
Level Contributor
113 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodation in mooloolaba or surrounding areas

Hi, we went to mooloolaba last year and stayed at the Outrigger Resort.Location great,overlooking the ocean.Apartment also good,not as big as we had on the gold coast the year before but the stunning views made up for that.There is a small kitchen with a hot plate,kettle, toaster etc but i did no major cooking as eating out is so reasonable,but it is enough to prepare breakfast and lunch.There is also a washer/dryer in the apartment.Everyone at the resort is helpful and friendly and Mooloolaba itself is lovely.I would recommend this hotel.

SUNSHINE COAST...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodation in mooloolaba or surrounding areas

There are heaps of apartments in Mooloolaba, and Maroochydore/Cotton Tree. And Sept/October is a good time, not too busy and good weather.

www.mooloolababeach.com

www.sunshinecoast.org

www.sunshinecoastholidays.com.au

In Mooloolaba the Outrigger is good, so is Sirocco, and Zanizbar. They are building a new block called Ocean which will be open by then - all of these have great views.

I live on the Sunshine Coast and drive through Mooloolaba every day

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accomodation in mooloolaba or surrounding areas

Sirocco, Zanzibar and the new Oceans have absolute beach views with Outrigger almost as good. Restaurants abound - Earth, 4th Floor two of the best. A little from the cente is 84 The Spit which is quieter but with excellent views. See accommooloolaba.com.au

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accomodation in mooloolaba or surrounding areas

The new Ocean block is it The Ocean Vista on Alexandra Headlands please as i am looking on web sites not sure if this is the correct one thankyou.

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accomodation in mooloolaba or surrounding areas

See www.oceansmooloolaba.com.au. You will need ocean-deep pockets to stay there!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accomodation in mooloolaba or surrounding areas

how many are you?

if you are a bigger family then you might want to look at some of the older buildings. places like outrigger, oceans and peninsular have noce apartments but they are pretty small. if you have a bigger family maybe look at syrenuse (all privately owned). we often stay in #22 in that building and while the building is a bit daggy the apartment is nice and it is huge compared with some of the other buildings

http://www.holidaymooloolaba.com.au/hm/

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
711 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accomodation in mooloolaba or surrounding areas

School holidays run from 25th September to 8th October so you'll need to book asap.

We've been to the Outrigger Mooloolaba four times and would highly recommend. Spectacular views from about level four and up. The one, two or three bedrooms units are well equipped, always spotlessly clean and comfortable.

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: accomodation in mooloolaba or surrounding areas

We stayed in the Carribean Resort www.breakfree.com.au Two bedroom apartment (one queen bed, two singles in the other room and a sofa bed in the lounge). Living area was a little small but the bedrooms were good as was the spa two-way bathroom. Fully equipped kitchen complete with dishwasher. European laundry with drier, iron/board. I was very impressed with the apartment. Great views towards the ocean, nice balcony with view of the pool below. It seemed pretty new to me in mid-2003. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again, in fact it will be my first choice for a long time I'm sure. My best friend was staying at the Outrigger at the time and had paid roughly the same as us but didn't have the full kitchen, laundry and spa that we had. She had breakfast included though.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: accomodation in mooloolaba or surrounding areas

Try out the units with www.accommooloolaba.com.au we have stayed with them and found them to be great. Most of their properties are well priced and some are well below those in the resorts. They manage units in the Zanzibar, Sirocco airconditioned ocean views and great virual tour so decision making is easy