We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating Out

Which Caloundra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
116 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Eating Out

We like Thai, Iatlian and Indian food preferably BYO restaurants. What are the good ones around Caloundra please.

SUNSHINE COAST...
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating Out

The best thai restaurant in Caloundra is the Blue Orchid in Bulcock Street, there is a good japanese restaurant at Dicky Beach called Yume - but it is small and you must book. For italian the best on the coast is Cala Luna at Maroochydore or second to that is Bella Venezia at Mooloolaba. Best fish and chips is the Bridge at the Kawana/Mooloolaba bridge.

I dont eat indian so I'm no help there.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating Out

Try the Thai Lime down Minchinton Street. It is the best we've had in Caloundra. The Italian restaurant - Jerome's family restaurant on Bullcock St has good food - not silver service etc, but it all depends what you are looking for. Try their chicken in green pepper sauce!

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,681 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating Out

Hi Rascall

I, too, would recommend Jerome's in Bulcock Street for a very pleasant family-style Italian restaurant. Both licensed and byo.

Portovino in Golden Beach is worth a look, but not as good as it used to be.

Definitely avoid the Sakon Thai restaurant in Golden Beach. Absolutely dreadful.

BTW we've both stayed at the same place on Raro!

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
116 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating Out

Thankyou everyone for our suggestions, we are staying at the Centre Point again when we are in Caloundra so will be handy to most of those places :-)

Maiden Gully...
Level Contributor
19 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating Out

I went to the Caloundra X Hotel and had the Thai Beef Salad which has noodles. While it was nice, I would strongly recommend having this in winter, not in January. When I was there, they didn't have much by way of other salads either. Good thing is you get free drinks with your meal. It's quite a family friendly atmosphere and service is good.

6. Re: Eating Out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, March 05, 2013