We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nambucca Heads vs South West Rocks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nambucca Heads vs South West Rocks

We are road tripping from Melbourne to South Coast over Christmas and were hoping to wing it and stay in national park camping ground along the way. Does anyone know if this is risking the chance of not finding sites due to it being peak? The other option is to book a min 7 night stay in Sth West Rocks or Nambucca heads - how busy do these areas get and which is the quieter of the two?

Cheers

4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,136 posts
1,403 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nambucca Heads vs South West Rocks

South West Rocks is definitely the nicer & quieter of the two IMO... Christmas time will be busy - its our summer school hols.. I would book ahead to avoid any disappointment.

South West Rocks...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Nambucca Heads vs South West Rocks

Hi , no winging it over the chrissy holidays, I would definitely book prior. Am a little biased as we are from SWR and think it is pretty special. 6 beaches within 10 minutes and then you have day trip beaches 15 minutes away. Flat so bike riding a must, 2 historic tours lighthouse and trial bay gaol. Love to see you in our little community. :-)

Edited: 7:07 am, August 01, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nambucca Heads vs South West Rocks

Thanks guys for your postings. Ended up booking 7 nights at Delcate Nobby - Crescent Heads. Can't wait to get up there!!

Mid North Coast NSW
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nambucca Heads vs South West Rocks

My partner and I live in Wirrimbi and it is so disappointing to find that nobody in the region of Nambucca Heads does Christmas Day lunch. We used to go to On the Edge but they closed down, the only other option is the Wharf restaurant at Urunga but they only have a buffet and we like a sit down meal.

Options in this neck of the woods are poor!

Reply to: Nambucca Heads vs South West Rocks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about South West Rocks