We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Llandridod B & B Leura

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Llandridod B & B Leura

We have a wedding to attend today in Leura - just down the street from what looks like a great B & B.

Several months ago when I was researching somewhere to stay we were having a few challenges as many hotels want 2 night stays over a weekend. It is unfortunate but I had to work Friday night till 7am, the wedding is taking place at 4pm, and we wanted to stay the night, we could even manage to stay Saturday and Sunday nights.

I contacted this B& B after reading great reviews, via their website. After two weeks of no response, I made a phone call.

Yes there was a room available, said we were coming for a wedding on the Saturday afternoon, I was told that Sunday was fully booked but we could stay Friday and Saturday. Explained the situation and was brushed off, as the female who was handling my call (who sounded like I had interuptted her doing something), was that she would prefer to hang out in case she could get someone who wanted two nights.

Me being understanding and gracious, suggested that she take my name and number and put me on a standby list - in case she did not get a two night booking.

We then booked at a another hotel with a cancellation policy in case she called.

I totally respect her right to choose how she runs her business, but after this experience, I would be very wary about recommending this property based purely on her attitude and telephone manner.

I also get really annoyed with business's that maintain a web presence and do not respond to enquiries made via the website.

After reviewing my experience, I would say I did not get a response as she did not want my one night stay - however I nicely worded email saying - sorry we would prefer not to let for one night on a weekend would have been fine.

The lack of customer service left me hanging and waiting for a response for two weeks.

16 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,541 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Llandridod B & B Leura

It would be more appropriate to post an actual review against the property's listing here on TA

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g261620-d114…

rather than a random forum posting that is less likely to be seen by potential clientel.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Llandridod B & B Leura

perfectlyperth

I could not agree more with you , from one destination expert to another!!!!

BUT

I did submit a review and it was rejected as I did not stay there

I have resubmitted my review with some adjustments - and time will tell if TA allows it to be published or not.

So in the meantime I wanted to share my experience with others in the Trip Advisor family.

I trust this sharing my experience does not offend your eyes

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Llandridod B & B Leura

despite your good intentions your 'forum review' will soon be consigned to the depths of the forum pages probably never seeing the light of day again.

'not having stayed there' i didn't think was a reason to have a proper review rejected. seems like any interaction with an accommo by a potential customer qualifies.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Llandridod B & B Leura

well I do agree with all of that

I did submit a review - it got rejected -

I made some changes and have resubmitted it, while I was doing that and had the review in copy and paste mode I choose to make a post of it too- so that if the review does not get approved - I have at least had my say and tried to share the best I can

I would hope that my review is published - it is pretty much my post - as I think it has a relevance

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Llandridod B & B Leura

Hmmmm.......

TA guidelines state that a reviewer must have << first hand experiences with the facilities or services of an establishment. >>

I suppose pre-visit interaction could qualify - or not - it would depend on how the TA moderator of the day interpreted the guidelines. It could be interpreted either way.

Usually TA require that a reviewer has actually stayed at an establishment. You have to state when you stayed at the place you are reviewing as part of the process of posting a review.

As to being<<consigned to the depths of the forum pages probably never seeing the light of day again.>>, as was pointed out on another thread earlier today, all it takes is a quick Google search on the name of the establishment to find the thread and resurrect it ;-)

Edited: 12:15 am, November 10, 2012
sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Llandridod B & B Leura

evamelb

thats why I took the time to post - as someone who is doing a search can do a search on TA for the name and find my comments

the comment I got back was that I had ticked the circles about quality of sleeping etc - so I changed that - and time will tell

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,541 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Llandridod B & B Leura

<<<Usually TA require that a reviewer has actually stayed at an establishment. >>>>

Eva that is not factual. TA permits reviews from people who have not stayed at an establishment provided the review relates directly to their interactions with the place. And this review I do believe fits that criteria.

Our001 it would be worth emailing TA direct to see what the problem is with your review as it may be something really simple and easily remedied.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Llandridod B & B Leura

well I amended it, and sent it in and if it comes back rejected, I will then take it up with them

I think what I experienced was valid to comment on - but we will see how they view it

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Llandridod B & B Leura

PP, it IS factual.

It's exactly what TA communicated to me when one of my reviews was rejected for very similar reasons - the room was not as described on the website so we did not stay at the hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,541 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Llandridod B & B Leura

Its a common query on the Support Forum and TA staff have confirmed a patron does not have to have stayed at the establishment.

As per the guidelines:

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/help > Our guidelines for traveler reviews

""Written by actual travelers - We accept reviews that detail first hand experiences with the facilities or services of an establishment. ""

TA staff have confirmed that "services" can include the reservation process.

Reply to: Llandridod B & B Leura
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted