We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car in Blue Mountains?

Which Katoomba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
Car in Blue Mountains?

We will be in Sydney in June. Before hiring a car and heading to Brisbane we want to spend a few days in Katoomba. Should we do the return trip by train or hire the car early and drive there - any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car in Blue Mountains?

o-m-g !!

Amanda, in your Youtubes you say you are "anal retentive" and like to do research about places you plan to visit yet you joined TA in 2010 AFTER you had been to the BMs in 2009.

Seriously, the word on the street is that there's more information on the Blue Mountains on Trip Advisor than you can poke a stick out !

So sad that you didn't find us first as you could have done a whole lot more had you taken your own advice and researched here, got advice from DEs and locals and past visitors, and then spent a few days there.

Edited: 4:02 am, January 15, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Car in Blue Mountains?

Hi DougoOz,

Sorry - I didn't word my reply very well. What I meant is that when I did a google search for the Blue Mountains, it was very difficult to find the sort of information you're talking about - as in advice from Destination Experts, locals, past visitors etc.

Unfortunately the tripadvisor forum does not come up in a google search on my computer. I'm sure I would have spent hours and hours less online searching for Blue Mountains info had I found this forum before our trip!!!

And to mac444_9 - sorry that DougoOz and I have had this mis-communication in your post!!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Car in Blue Mountains?

"Unfortunately the tripadvisor forum does not come up in a google search on my computer. "

I don't knw what soret of computer or firewall or anti- whatever software you have, but Tripadvisor shows up on mine ... that's how I found it.

One thing I want to ask about your YouTube videod that you've posted to this and other threads .... considering you did that trip 2 years ago and for others who may want to visit this popular destination, re: "the good, the bad and the ugly" as well as your "hot tips", road conditions, travel time etc, is the information current?

Edited: 5:25 am, January 15, 2012
14. Re: Car in Blue Mountains?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, June 21, 2013