We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in July-Blue Mountains.Which hotel to choose?

Which Katoomba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney-Australia
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
Christmas in July-Blue Mountains.Which hotel to choose?

Hello to all!

I'm organising a Christmas In July Blue Mountains.

with my family and closest friends.We are all couples with young Children.We are renting a house for the weekend but not to sure which Hotel to choose from for the Christmas Dinner.I know the Mountain Heritage,York Fairmont Hotel and the Carrington Hotel go all out which is what we are after.I'm looking for more of a fun night and great food.

We have never been to the Blue Mountains before during the Yulefest Season.

So I need some help to decide which Hotel to choose.

Thanking you in advance.!

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,788 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in July-Blue Mountains.Which hotel to choose?

Fairmont for amazing views, Carrington for history/olde worlde atmosphere.

Carrington started the whole Yulefest thing in australia (actually started in Queenstown NZ in 79) I'd give them a go.

happy xmas (in July)

helen

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,071 posts
1,390 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in July-Blue Mountains.Which hotel to choose?

Fairmont would be good for families (large open plan with fab views / indoor swimming pool / outdoor playground etc.etc. The Carrington is a lovely old charming hotel...romantic etc.

Probably go Fairmont because of the kids, however I've never done the Christmas in July..

Sydney-Australia
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in July-Blue Mountains.Which hotel to choose?

My Family and Friends did the whole Christmas in July weekend at the Blue Mountains.

We chose the Mountain Heritage because they were ones who originally started it.The Hotel itself was beautifully decorated,staff very friendly the Yulefest entertainment was great.Really nice Christmas Atmosphere with the fire burning etc. but unfortunately the food was not that nice.Using very cheap ingredients and the kids meals were dry and cold.That was very disappointing.

$135pp not including drinks.When I rang up to find out how much the kids meals were.I was told $12-$15(Rang twice to confirm price) then on the night we were told it was $18.50.

We were 15 people all up and we left feeling we got tripped off.

Don't think I will go back there again.

4. Re: Christmas in July-Blue Mountains.Which hotel to choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 02, 2010