We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to the Snowies

Sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Trip to the Snowies

hi guys,

I am planning a 3 or 4 day trip to the snowy mountains around late august or early september. Its gonna be a family trip with my wife and also my young parents coming along.

We haven't ever skied before, and could be thats its just me who would be foolish enough to try :)

Would like to visit Perisher and Thredbo with Jindabyne as the base. I am thinking of driving up from Sydney to Jindabyne (6 hrs) & staying there maybe in self-catering apartments. Can any one suggest any good apartments around Jindabyne.

Been told that, I could drive to the Skitube and take the train upto Perisher. Would it be easy to drive to Thredbo from Jindabyne. Was thinking 1 day each at Perisher & Thredbo.

Any help regarding accomodation, and possible itinary with things to do, would be great !

cheers

Jamaica
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to the Snowies

You will require snow chains if it snows, and you will have to carry them with you even if it doesn't snow if you wanted to drive to the resorts. I have taken the ski tube, and also driven to both resorts, the parking at the Ski Tube is convenient. Leave early to avoid traffic and to get a good park. Thredbo is a beautiful village nestled between the mountains, however as a beginner I would recommend Perisher Blue, as it has much more beginner type terrain. Enjoy !

2. Re: Trip to the Snowies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, December 13, 2010