We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Mackay to Airlie Beach

Which Airlie Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Mackay to Airlie Beach

Hi there,

I'm looking for advice on transport from Mackay airport to Airlie beach. Our flight gets in at 10.40 am and so we miss the early bus to Airlie. We don't really want to wait for the second one and also prob. don't want to rent a car as we are overnighting from Perth so likely to be too tired for figuring out foreign roads ;-)

Does anyone know how much a taxi might cost from Mackay to Airlie and if there are any taxi companies that would do a good rate?

Many thanks!

B

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Transport from Mackay to Airlie Beach

If you give me the name of that agent, I will make sure that they are not recomended by me through this forum, because that is just wrong, I'd be making them find you accomm. because they know it will be near impossible, this is why I recomend you talk to your local agent to get the full story and where over the net bookings without consultation can get you in trouble. Put the onus an the agent to find you accomm. cheers airlian

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Transport from Mackay to Airlie Beach

Hi Airlian,

I am happy to say that the agent has found us accommodation, in a perfect resort and managed to get it for one night only when the resort was asking for a minimum 3 night stay, they were not aware we were arriving in Airlie beach on the 30th but have done their utmost to help us out and have been fantastic. Thank you for your advice, we probably wouldn't have realised how serious the accommodation situation was if we hadn't come on this forum and received your replies, we are looking forward to a fantastic trip to Queensland, one day great, next day perfect ;-)

Buzz

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Transport from Mackay to Airlie Beach

Hey that's good news and didn't mean to sound pushy, but have seen too many disappointments when the day arrives.

Airlie will be bursting at the seams as will the island resorts so a sailing trip will be the best way to get away from the crowds after your new years night. Since you sound so happy with your agents response again I would be more than happy to recomend their sevices as that is what it's all about, just out of curiosity which boat did you choose?

Make sure you give us some feed back on how it all went, they're the bits I like to see good or bad. you never know we may even have a drink together, it's that sort of place cheers airlian

14. Re: Transport from Mackay to Airlie Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 18, 2009