We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting wine delivered

Bristol
Level Contributor
73 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Getting wine delivered

Hi - sorry, not really travel related but...

I'm trying to find somewhere in Airlie that will deliver wine - I want to send a xmas present to some family so it would need to be someone who can take phone or internet orders. Do you know if Liquor King would deliver?

Thank you!

Bargara, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting wine delivered

Hi Jelly, I guess it depends what you want delivered rather than who will deliver it. Is the recipient relative a resident with a permanent address or a temporary visitor?

If you want just a bottle or two delivered then it would be more likely that a local bottle shop would do it for you.

However if you want to have a carton/12 bottles or more it would be more sensible to order from any of the national liquor distributors who deliver nationwide via couriers and Australia Post - both fast and effective methods, and quite cheap.

See www.kemeneys.com.au or www.danmurphys.com.au as examples. Give me a bit more to go on and we will follow this up. I am away for a few days but I will get back to you. Cheerz Wab

Bristol
Level Contributor
73 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting wine delivered

Thanks for your reply. They are permanent residents in Airlie. I suppose were looking for a case of 6 to be delivered.

Thanks again!

Bargara, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting wine delivered

OK Jelly, there are 2 ways to do this.

Yellowpages.com.au gives 7 local bottleshops, (by Qld law they will be affiliated with a local pub) none of which offer website purchases. You can call them in Aussie business hours and set up a delivery. Most bottle shops offer local delivery for a small charge. Maybe see if you can order by fax and/or email with them. I am unaware of any large liquor outlets in the Airlie area, but a local like Airlian might help here.

Second. Go to the major liquor distributors who have website catalogs and national delivery at not unreasonable prices. Most of these are based in Sydney or Melbourne. I mentioned a few above, also check www.getwinesdirect.com for good deals. Until Dan Murphys opened on the Gold Coast I used online wine ordering exclusively the entire 5 years we lived there, as the range and price including delivery was far better.

Over to you, Cheerz Wab.

4. Re: Getting wine delivered

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, August 23, 2009