We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamilton Island to Airlie Beach - Pre-book ferry?

Which Airlie Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hamilton Island to Airlie Beach - Pre-book ferry?

We're staying at Airlie Beach from 18th-22nd Feb but flying into Hamilton Island. I know we'll need to get the ferry over to the mainland. Can anyone advise if it's best to pre-book the ferry or just hope for the best when we get there?

Muswellbrook...
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hamilton Island to Airlie Beach - Pre-book ferry?

hi, we are going to airlie beach this weekend and i've checked some ferry websites and have pre-booked cruise whitsundays. i believe it's best to pre-book rather than chance it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hamilton Island to Airlie Beach - Pre-book ferry?

Ok thanks.

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hamilton Island to Airlie Beach - Pre-book ferry?

Firstly, there is only one ferry company, and secondly, they don't do discounted tickets, so there's no point in waiting till you arrive to book. You might as well just book it in and have it organised.

There is one other option, and that is to do a scenic flight from the airport to the mainland, and then catch a taxi into your accommodation in town. These are more expensive, but incredible! Look at GSL Aviation for these air transfers. These will need to be booked in advance, as they don't fly over if they don't have any bookings to pick up.

Have a great trip!

TW

4. Re: Hamilton Island to Airlie Beach - Pre-book ferry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 27, 2014