We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our plans for NYE on Airlie Beach

Which Airlie Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast
Level Contributor
146 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Our plans for NYE on Airlie Beach

My husband and I will be in Airlie Beach for NYE. We're from Ireland, in our late twenties and would like to have an enjoyable meal before a bit of partying to see in 2012. Can any of you recommend somewhere to book for a meal? And what about bars afterwards? Or perhaps there's something else we should be thinking about doing? All help and advice greatly appreciated!! Many thanks, Lisa.

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Our plans for NYE on Airlie Beach

Hi Lisa,

There'll be fireworks on the beachfront at Airlie Beach, hopefully 2 sessions, one around 8:30-9pm and another at midnight.

Fish D'Vine is a nice casual place for dinner and will need reservations as they tend to book out pretty early. Deja Vu will also book out, with a more sophisticated menu, and they will have views of the fireworks. There's a string of restaurants along the beachfront on the Esplanade that might have views of the fireworks.

I've got the details of one big party so far, at Magnum's, see the list here: tourismwhitsundays.com.au/events/… I'll keep this updated as more info comes to hand. I have heard on the grapevine that Capers restaurant is holding a party with no cover charge.

The other bars that will have some sort of NYE party are: Beaches, Down Under Bar, Phoenix Bar, Mama Africa, Evolutions and Paddy's Shenanigans but i don't have any details to share at this point.

Good luck and have an awesome night!

TW

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Our plans for NYE on Airlie Beach

Have just been informed that there will not be fireworks on the beachfront at Airlie Beach this year, unless a new sponsor comes forward to assist in putting on the show. Fingers crossed a generous local business (or lots of generous local businesses!) can do it!

Belfast
Level Contributor
146 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our plans for NYE on Airlie Beach

Fingers crossed is right!! Fireworks would really make the evening!

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Our plans for NYE on Airlie Beach

Today, the Airlie Beach business community has come together and donations are coming in from all sides, to make sure fireworks happen on the Airlie Beach foreshore this New Years Eve! The target has almost been reached, so there WILL be fireworks! :)

Hooray!

Airlie Beach...
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our plans for NYE on Airlie Beach

Fingers cross for fireworks!! Its not NYE with out them!!

Airlie Beach
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Our plans for NYE on Airlie Beach

Personally i believe and i have said it elswhere on this forum that Jamacia Joe's above Hog's Breath is the go for the evening, get a table on the balcony lounge for dinner its worth it and even intimate unlike others mentioned, then hit all the party bars in town.

Iam surprised that Tourism Whitsundays isn't aware of Jama Joe's hmmm quite surprised indeed!?

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Our plans for NYE on Airlie Beach

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reminder. Joe's Diner, as it is now called, is right on the lagoon and might well provide a good view of the fireworks too.

Can you still get a table on that rear balcony? Last time I went there that back section was closed off and only the front bar was open. Best ring them and check!

Happy New Years

TW

8. Re: Our plans for NYE on Airlie Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, December 15, 2012