We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantasea Cruises - Reefworld Facilities

Melbourne
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Fantasea Cruises - Reefworld Facilities

Hi,

I am going to Airlie Beach in September and have booked a trip to Reefworld with Fantasea Cruises.

Are there any lockers at Reefworld to store your cameras etc while snorkling?

Thanks

Swanette

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fantasea Cruises - Reefworld Facilities

Hi Swanette,

There aren't any lockers at Reefworld. On a positive note though, security isn't a major problem out there, because if you think about it, everybody who is out there is on your boat! If you are concerned, don't take valuables with you, and only take the money you think you will need (or a credit card instead). If you check your belongings every time you hop out of the water, and find something missing, you can alert the staff straight away. Guaranteed the thief is still there and will be caught because they have nowhere to go and nowhere to hide. Generally, this means there are very, very few incidents.

If you don't have a waterproof camera, it's a great idea to buy a disposable one for the day so you can photograph your snorkelling/diving adventures.

Please don't be concerned, it's a wonderful trip, and should be memorable for all the right reasons!

Cheers,

TW

Melbourne
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fantasea Cruises - Reefworld Facilities

Thank you TW.

I am concerned about my camera. I do want to bring my camera with me as I am hoping to get some great photos (as I'm sure I will) on the boat on the way to Reefworld.

But yes, you are right the theif wouldn't have anywhere to run too.....

3. Re: Fantasea Cruises - Reefworld Facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, October 07, 2012