We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice with flights

Yateley, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Advice with flights

Hi,

I am travelling from Brisbane airport to Proserpine Airport and staying at Airlie Beach for 6 nights, I then need to get back to Sydney and cant seem to find any direct flights from Proserpine to Sydney, they all go via Brisbane, making it overall about a 5-7 hour journey, depending on transit wait times.

I have seen that there are flights from Hamilton Island direct to Sydney on the dates that I need, so I was wondering how easy it is to get a boat from Airlie Beach to Hamilton Island airport, time it would take a cost etc? Would I need to get a boat and then a bus to the airport?

Any advice?

Thanks

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice with flights

Hi Belinda,

It's very easy. There are several daily ferries from Airlie Beach to Hamilton Island Airport and the cost is around $50 one way. There's no need to get a bus on Hamilton Island, the ferry takes you direct to the airport.

Have a look at Fantasea and Cruise Whitsundays and you'll find both have ferries that meet your flight with time to spare. The trip is around 45 minutes.

You can book this when you get to town at one of the booking agencies in the main street, if you like, but you can confidently go ahead and book the flights home from Hamilton Island.

Have a rgeat trip!

TW

Yateley, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice with flights

Thanks for a perfect answer :)

3. Re: Advice with flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 09, 2012