We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whitehaven Beach day trips

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
Whitehaven Beach day trips

can you pls recommend a good company to go with.

Want to have lots of time to snorkel once there and look at the beech.

but having a nice cruse is also important.

any recommendations would be great :)

Airlie Beach...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Whitehaven Beach day trips

try a company called Whitehaven Express or Cruise Whitsundays who are running a half day trip to Whitehaven

Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whitehaven Beach day trips

Hi Ellie,

Whitehaven is a fantastic and beautiful beach on Whitsunday Island. Unfortunately there is no reef on the beach to snorkel. However a number of boats include Whitehaven Beach as part of the tour and they also do snorkelling as an activity during the day. Whitehaven Express has many great reviews and to be honest is a great trip out and worth the money you pay. They do their snorkelling at Mantaray Bay which is towards the northern end of Hook Island. Check out Whitehaven Express on trip advisor. Hope this helps.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Whitehaven Beach day trips

check out how they are going to get you from the boat you travel on to the beach. Trip we went on spent a lot of time ferrying folk from the boat to the beach etc in a smaller boat.

Also ask where you are going to snorkle. we were anchored in a bay and 'dumped' off the back of the boat - not good to end up straight away in deep water if you are not a strong swimmer. I prefer to go and snorkle from a beach then I know how deep I can go without feeling I am too deep....

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question
4. Re: Whitehaven Beach day trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, October 02, 2012