We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OZSail Unreliable and RUDE!

Gulfport...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
OZSail Unreliable and RUDE!

My fiancé is deployed for 10 plus months and we had only 2 weeks to see each other. Our very first tour was with OzSail. We were looking so forward to it and getting to dive in the great barrier reef. We had the tour planned and paid for, for 3 months. He and I both spent about $1600 each for our flights to get to dive the Great Barrier reef and the day we showed up to check in was the day they told us they canceled! To shut us up they compensated us $90 to go on another boat that was much more expensive and we had to share a room with another person! They told us the boat did the same dives.... we went ahead and took it because we had no time to get another... 2 days in we were informed they do not dive at the Great Barrier reef and we were SOL. We were beyond heartbroken as the whole purpose we picked Australia was to dive the Great Barrier Reef. To top it all off the management at OZSail was not only not apologetic but pretty much flat out rude to us. I still get an awful empty feeling in my stomach because of what they did. OH and the reason that they canceled the boat was because they only had 2 other people that were going to go on it.... Their excuse that they didn't contact us sooner was "We tried to call you all day yesterday!" We were traveling for over 24 hours how on Gods earth can you call someone the DAY BEFORE they are suppose to ship out and expect they will be able to rearrange their itinerary? OzSail was a HUGE disappointment!

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,014 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OZSail Unreliable and RUDE!

I know it's a bit late now, but if you do a search (using the green search box) on "Ozsail" on the Australia forum, you will find plenty of similar stories.

Luigi

2. Re: OZSail Unreliable and RUDE!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 11, 2011