We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlie Beach - March 2009 - Weather and Accomodation?

England
Level Contributor
109 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Airlie Beach - March 2009 - Weather and Accomodation?

We will be staying in Airlie beach for three nights from the 3rd March 2009. I know it is still the rainy season -March historically being the wettest month of the year but can we also expect a reasonable amount of sunshine at that time of the year. We are planning a couple of day sailing trips to the islands. A couple of the party are worried about sea sickness and rough seas - is this likely to be a problem on a fast catamaran - I need to convince these somewhat nervous and sickly travellers that they will be ok !! The Camira sounds excellent fun - has anybody been on it?

We have been looking at Sea Star Apartments but ideas and recommendations would be appreciated. Ideally we need a two bedroom apartment rather than a hotel.

Thanks.

David.

Mentioned in this post
Sea Star Apartments
Sea Star Apartments
439 Reviews
Airlie Beach, Australia
England
Level Contributor
109 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airlie Beach - March 2009 - Weather and Accomodation?

Help please - ok pretty please !!

sydney
Level Contributor
404 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airlie Beach - March 2009 - Weather and Accomodation?

Yes, I did the day trip on Camira in early May last year. Loved it. Boy does it move!

The likelihood of sunshine and/or rough seas - I don't know.

Airlie Beach...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airlie Beach - March 2009 - Weather and Accomodation?

Hi David

Camira is an Awesome day trip they include everything in the price! even the beer!! Ive been on a few times, even took the misses for our Wed anaversary. She loved it. the boat is huge and the food fantastic. they crew couldnt do enought for you.if people feel ill they will get you involed in steering the vessel to take your mind off it.

Try some sea sickness tablets of ginger beer.

March is end of Cyclone season so you should be okay for weather, but who knows, weve had the wettest June on record!

Cruise Whitsundays are fantastic if the weather is a bit crap, they will let you swap dates so don't sweat!

Sea star is lovely, very clean and has a aquatic feel to it. Great Views too. Great for Self catering!

C Damo

Mentioned in this post
Cruise Whitsundays
Cruise Whitsundays
2,374 Reviews
Airlie Beach, Australia
England
Level Contributor
109 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airlie Beach - March 2009 - Weather and Accomodation?

Thanks everybody for your help so far.

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
725 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airlie Beach - March 2009 - Weather and Accomodation?

Yes the all you can drink alcohol always entertains me.. I am suprised that any company can get away with it (I would have thought that it was irresponsible handling of alcohol).. but since the bar is not open till after your snorkel (around lunch time) then it could also be known as misleading..

Another day trip to consider would be maxi raggamuffin.. they do the northern end on one day and the southern end on the other so you can experience the beach and the reef (in a better location then Camira)

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
725 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airlie Beach - March 2009 - Weather and Accomodation?

P.S: Cpt Damo... you say your location is the Chez republic yet you are posting like a local.. be true and honest with your profile summary.. you could then be taken a bit more seriously

England
Level Contributor
109 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airlie Beach - March 2009 - Weather and Accomodation?

Thanks for the good advice so far.

8. Re: Airlie Beach - March 2009 - Weather and Accomodation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, October 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Airlie Beach