We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 week adventure trip

Which Airlie Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
3 week adventure trip

My wife and I are visitng her sister and cousin who are in Australia with us spending 3 weeks exploring Sydney and Cairns plus much more.

We are flying from Sydney to Cairns on 28th April and will need accomodation for that night. Can anyone recommend good/cheap hostels and B&B's for 2 nights near the reef fleet terminal as we have an early start for Cairns Reef trip the next morning followed by Cape Tribulation Trip the following day?

We will then need accomodation at Airlie Beach and for 3 day trip to Fraser Island, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Airlie Beach
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 week adventure trip

G'Day,

I can answer your question about accommodation in Airlie Beach but I will need to know how many nights you will spend here (guess you are 4 Adults). That can be 2 x rooms in a hotel (ok for 1 night) or a 2 bedroom apartment self-contained (if staying more than 2 nights). The last option works out cheaper.

Nemo

airliebeach
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 week adventure trip

Some quiet good package trips are available that include Airlie Beach sailing trips and Fraser Island trips. Here you will get several responses from agents booking high commission products. The best response will be to websurf a lot and ask for lots of email advise from multiple agents

Boaty

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
725 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 week adventure trip

It would work out cheaper for both destinations

There are not that many internet agents that do Fraser/Whitsunday packages... it is done more from the big boys... try Peter Pans, Palace, Beaches, YHA, Travel Bugs... there is more out there... but you do have to ask a lot of questions...eg: What vessel, how long is the Fraser tour... how much do I pay in extras at each destination, what time do we depart and come back, can I upgrade...

4. Re: 3 week adventure trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, September 24, 2009