We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Horizons Resort?

Sydney, New South...
1 post
Save Topic
Blue Horizons Resort?

Hi there,

Does anyone know anything about Blue Horizons Resort? I'm looking for somewhere over Christmas and am not having much luck. Blue Horizon seems to have availability but i can't find any reviews for the place.

Thanks in advance

Al

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Horizons Resort?

Al it only opened last month, so you probably won't find any reviews. At the moment the views will be of a big hole where they are building a new marina and shopping complex, so that's a bit of a downer. As you say you'll be pushing it to find accommodation up here as most of the places want a minimum 5 nights stay over that period. I'd take it because there won't be many other options coming up shortly. It looks very nice and it should they've been a long time building it. I hope this helps. cheers airlian

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Horizons Resort?

Hi Airlian, looks very flash.

Hi Al, if they have vacancy at Christmas, I would not hesitate for 1 minute, I would book it in a flash....cheers

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Horizons Resort?

Hey surfoz, yeah it looks nice, it's around 800metres from Airlie central so not too bad. Al heed surfoz's advice it won't have vacancies for long now that you've mentioned that on this forum. cheers airlian

Glasgow
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Horizons Resort?

Hi

I actually stayed here the other week.....the place is amazing......and very valued for money.....

There is still building work being done at the back of the hotel, think it is the mini golf course or crazy golf they are building, but this didn't bother us, we never heard anything, only when we were coming back in and out of the building....we sat at the pool one day (all day) and were never bothered with anything...

The front desk is really good and always aiming to please, there was only ever one girl, Aime, and she was lovely, always wanting to help us and she arranged a day tour around the islands for us as well as arranging our transfer back to the airport. Also, they put you through to a limo company that pick you up at the airport. It costs the same price as the shuttle bus to the airport $15 to $17.50 so contact them to arrange your transport....

The walk to airlie beach front took us about 10 mins each day and with the nice weather you don't even notice.....a taxi cost us $5 back to the apratment each night if we didn't want to walk.

The apartment we had was amazing, I can't fault anything......clean....modern and was lovely....the view from our room was really nice, but you could see the building work of the marina in front.....but was still amazing...

I think this would be the perfect place to stay....we plan to go back some time and will defo be staying here.....

Hope this helps

Thanks

Lynsey Woodward

Glasgow

Scotland

United Kingdom

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Horizons Resort?

Thanks for the review Lynsey and next time I see Amie I'll pass on your thoughts, she is a very nice young lady and will be happy to know that you thought well of her.

Just on the airport transfer thing there are local agents that will get you to and from the airport and anywhere else you want to go for free, and that's got to be a good thing. Glad you enjoyed your stay and very good to hear from you. cheers airlian

6. Re: Blue Horizons Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, September 15, 2009