We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlie Beach, Whitsundays - Jan 08

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airlie Beach, Whitsundays - Jan 08

Hi,

I would be grateful if someone can help me.

Im going to Oz with my missus for 4 weeks Dec/Jan and spending the last 5 days of my trip in the Whitsundays region (14-18 Jan)

Problem is, im trying to book a flight from Sydney and can get a direct flight into Hamilton or Mckay. Im undecided whether to stay on Hamiliton or fly into Mckay and stay on the mainland and do a few day trips for snorkelling etc

Probably want to Kick back and chill out but and the same time want to see some of the fantastic scenery everyone talks about.

Any advice on places to stay (not too expensive) and where to go will be much appreciated!!!!

many thanks

John

1. Re: Airlie Beach, Whitsundays - Jan 08

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, October 01, 2007
London
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airlie Beach, Whitsundays - Jan 08

Many thanks Airlean!!!

I did think of the flight via Brisbane as an option, ill look into that.

I'll have a look at the link as well for accomodation.

cheers!

Johnny

melbourne
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airlie Beach, Whitsundays - Jan 08

Hi, I would recommend flying to Hamilton, closer than Mackay. Also flying to Brisbane just makes trip longer. Jestar fly direct to HI and have cheap fares. From there you go to mainland via Fanatsea or Cruise Whitsundays (nice boat trip). HI is nice but expensive. I would recommend one of the caravan parks for value for money. hope this helps.

4. Re: Airlie Beach, Whitsundays - Jan 08

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, September 11, 2009