We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfers paradise to cairns itinary help please..!

Which Airlie Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
177 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Surfers paradise to cairns itinary help please..!

I am planning a 3 week trip along the east coast or Australia, starting in Surfers paradise and ending up in Cairns..can anyone please suggest the best way and places to spend our time wisely,

we are be 2 females in our late twenties travelling so we are looking for fun and activities..

we were thinking:

Week 1: between Sufers paradise & brisbane

week 2: Fraser island and Whitsundays (but have no idea where to start and what islands to visit here)

Week 3: Cairns, maybe to the daintree..

Any help with this itinary is apprecaited..

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfers paradise to cairns itinary help please..!

Now I am biased but I believe you would want more than a day or 2 in The Whitsundays, it's a fair drive from Fraser to here and a lot in between, but a minimum 3 full days to make the most out of your Whitsunday leg may be required. Consider a crusise around the islands, they are the way to do it. cheers airlian

Cheltenham England
Level Contributor
21 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfers paradise to cairns itinary help please..!

I agree you will definately want more than 2 days in the Whitsundays. I have done the same route as you are planning, and sailing in the Whitsundays was the highlight for me. Head to Airlie Beach and the pro sail office, they do some great sailing trips. I spent 3 days on the 'Ilkua' and can't reccomend it highly enough. The crew and group of people on the boat were great.

Cape Tribulation is also worth the trip, once you get up to Cairns as well.

3. Re: Surfers paradise to cairns itinary help please..!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 31, 2009