We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a resort to stay at in January

Stockholm
1 post
Save Topic
Looking for a resort to stay at in January

Me, my husband and our 2 chidren (6 and 4) are planning a trip to Australia from Sweden in Dec/Jan. During a week in Jan we are looking for a resort to stay at. We will be staying in Sydney and leave from there to Cairns or elsewhere. Is it necessary to plan for avoiding jellyfish?

Mentioned in this post
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
Cairns
Cairns
Cairns Region, Australia
Sydney
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a resort to stay at in January

Hello. I can recommend Palm Cove as it has a beach with a 'stinger' (jellyfish) net. All resorts there should have a pool too if you don't wish to chance it at the beach. Mantra amphora is across the road from the beach and has a large pool too. Enjoy your trip

Cairns
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a resort to stay at in January

I would say Palm Cove is a good choice as it has a stinger net, so that you can still swim in the ocean. A couple of good places in Palm Cove are The seatemple which is a good family resort, has lots of pools and is really suited to families, as they have apartments, so you dont have to dine out every night, you can cook in your own room.

Hope this helps

3. Re: Looking for a resort to stay at in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 17, 2009