We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mossies/

Which Palm Cove hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wigan
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Mossies/

My wife has a medical condition that means she needs to avoid mosquito bites; we are planning to be in Palm Cove / Cairns in October. What's the mossie life like at that time?

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mossies/

Hi,

I went last october i did not see any or have to worry about them i did not even have to go out at night with mossie repelent on.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mossies/

Hi

We stayed in MIssion Beach some years ago. No mossies!

Can't take it for granted though.

Tet

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
664 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mossies/

We just got back and we saw maybe one or two mozzies. My sister who lives in Cairns says there are these huge mozzies or what looks like mozzies but apparently they just eat the smaller ones and don't bite. Maybe someone local can confirm that though. They are probably more prevalant during the wet season.

4. Re: Mossies/

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 20, 2009