We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Novotel, Palm Cove

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
The Novotel, Palm Cove

Has anyone stayed here. It looks nice in brochure but don't all of them! I see the reviews here only go up to 2003. Anyone stayed here recently please?

Melbourne
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: The Novotel, Palm Cove

If you are looking for a quiet relaxation away from the kids.... this is NOT for you.

Out of control kids running around unsupervised.

The whole resort leave a lot to be desired. The reception area is unfriendly and without purpose.

The servicing of the room is very ordinary to say the least.

I have just returned (20/04/08) and having stayed there several times, it seems to be getting worse.

The Sea Temple or New Horizons is probably the best in Palm Cove.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
523 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Novotel, Palm Cove

Do you have kids ? The Novotel is designed to be kid friendly but I think it has become really run down.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
185 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Novotel, Palm Cove

We stayed there on our first visit to Palm Cove in 1997, it was terrible then. A long walk to the restaurants. There are many fantastic places to stay in Palm Cove and this is not one of them. They have sold off the Novotel Golf Course and are currently building houses etc so I am also sure that it would be noisy as well. I don;t particularly like the Sea Temple, think Angsana and Reef House are fantastic. We now always rent a villa, this is a great way to stay in Palm Cove. You get privacy and your own pool. There are a couple of fabulous houses near to all the action.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Novotel, Palm Cove

We have just returned from holidaying in palm cove with 2 children,6 & 4. The Novotel is showing it's age and isn't the most glamorous resort but our children had THE BEST TIME and happy kid's make happy parent's. We met many friendly families and kid's all played in pool together. Not recommended for couples. Great kid's club and slide into pool! If you are looking for something more upmarket try the Grand Mecure Drift Apartments (not esplanade apartments) these are very new and well equiped. An Accor property (runs shuttle service between Mecure and Novotel) can use great facilities of Novotel for children and stay in better equiped apartments. We also stayed in an apartment in Sea Temple. Not particularly child friendly and the room was dark, run down and dirty, so we will return to the Mecure Drift apartments!

New Jersey
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: The Novotel, Palm Cove

Does anyone know how this resort is for teens? We will be bringing our 13 y.o. son. I plan to do a lot of excursions with him to Daintree and to the Great Barrier Reef for snorkeling but I am hoping there is something there to keep him occupied at other times - for example, are there tennis and/or golf lessons available?

6. Re: The Novotel, Palm Cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, September 26, 2009