We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Cove vs. Trinity Beach?

San Francisco
4 posts
Save Topic
Palm Cove vs. Trinity Beach?

OK....this accommodation game is fun but mind boggling....just when I thought I was pretty well setlled on Palm Cove the suggestion of Trinity Beach came my way.....ability to be without a car and still access good restaurants, reef/rainforest tours, and have a good beach are key factors in my decision.....

I have heard Trinity is windy much of the time, any comments on this or the above are appreciated.....you are great folks out there!

Woodford, Australia
Level Contributor
235 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Cove vs. Trinity Beach?

I'd recommend sticking with Palm Cove. There is an good range of restaurants there, some very highly regarded and there is a wharf from which reef tours depart direct. No difference with rainforest tours as they generally will pick up from your accom, both have beaches with stinger enclosures. The big difference is that Palm Cove has a marvellous atmosphere that Trinity, Clifton, Kewarra or any of the other Cairns northern beaches don't (apart from Ellis but that's not a fine dining option!).

2. Re: Palm Cove vs. Trinity Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 14, 2009