We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

Which Palm Cove hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orange Country, CA...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon

My wife to be and I are travelling to North Queensland late May. We've got 7 nights to spend there. Ideally, we'd like to split the week between two places: Cairns, Palm Cove and Port Douglas. What do you recommend? And where to you recommend staying? We're looking for a place for under $200 AUS/night and anything included in that would be great. Any suggestions?

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon

My reply is relatively always the same.

What exactly are you looking for.

They are all great places, in the vicinity of each other,but different in many ways.

Cairns is a city,has better nightlife than Palm Cove or Port Douglas, busier but closer to things like white water rafting and Tablelands.

Plam Cove is about mid way between the two. Quiet village,great honeymoon destination, lots of good accommodation and should be relatively quiet end of May.

Port Douglas will be buzzing,as it's the yearly Carnivale Celebration which started off as one weekend per year and has now stretched to two weeks of activities and celebrations.

It's the closest point to the Outer reef and the Daintree Rainforest, has lots of varied accommodation in all price brackets,great restaurants and a small amount of nightlife.

That's a quick overview of the three.Perhaps if you give us an idea of interests during your stay,we could help further.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon

try Sanctuary Palm Cove resort Palm Cove.

I think that they have a deal on that you could get a 1 bedroom private retreat at about $245 per night, then 7 days or more stay one night free, equalling $210 per night instead!!

http://www.sanctuarypalmcove.com.au/tariffs/

Too dear or too fancy, try At The Mango Tree Port Douglas, I got a 2 bedroomer for under $800 for the week.

all that you need, 5 mins from the beach.

have a look at their website.

www.mango-tree-port-douglas.com

good luck

Orange Country, CA...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon

Thanks for the prompt replies. This is what I'm thinking. 4 nights in Palm Cove, then 3 nights at Port Douglas. We'd like a hotel/resort. Something nice for the first 3 nights in Palm Cove. After all, it is our honeymoon. But at the same time, I want to make sure we don't break our budget for the rest of our trip. I looked at Paradise on the Beach and Sanctuary. They seem nice. Any comments on these? I want a good balance between nice accommodations, location and value. As for Port Douglas, I was thinking possibly staying at either Hibiscus or Central Plaza or maybe even one of the Outrigger hotels. I'm open to anything. ANYTHING. Thanks

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon

how much per night in Palm Cove you want to spend?? being as its a honeymoon, Ive got suggestions for you.

Orange Country, CA...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon

Well, I guess I could stretch it to somewhere around $250/night AUS. But that would mean I would have to cut down a bit at Port Douglas. I really just want the first few nights to be at a nice place so we can unwind and relax and feel like we're actually on our honeymoon.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon

maybe look at Sanctuary Palm Cove then.

Its very nice and very private.

look at their website as said.

I was going to suggest somewhere else, but far too dear, as it starts at $385 per night.

Perfect for honeymoons, Sebel Reef house and Spa.

Orange Country, CA...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon

So here the next question then. Sanctuary or Paradise on the Beach? for a honeymoon?

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon

look at both websites and traveller reviews on both properties.

I cant tell you where to go.

I guess that price will determine your stay.

Although I can say that I have heard that Sanctaury is great!!! and thats by well travelled people

Its very private and secluded although not far from anything you need.

Email the property direct for your quote, try and haggle with them.

You can find a discount comes your way.

and mention its a honeymoon, some properties will give you champagne, or sparkling wine as we must say.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon

also, if you try other search engines for accomm in Palm Cove, you can find for example the Reef house at discount prices.

www.wotif.com/Search.jsp…

$229 per night at moment.

Sanctuary Palm cove $180 - $190.

I should have mentioned earlier,

just had kids in my ears earlier.

Port Douglas try using wotif also.

you will find the Outriggers on there, and even at the Mango tree!!!

www.wotif.com/Search.jsp…

good luck

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon

Hi again emperoroh

For Port Douglas try any of these three properties.

The Regal

The Meridian

Hibiscus

They are all within walking disrtance from town. Good Apartments, and all have something slightly different to offer in accommodation.The first two don't take children, so that's a bonus for your honeymoon.You should be able to get good rates that are within your budget.If those aren't any me know and I'll think of some more to make this stay a special one for you.