We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Osprey V reef tour..

Which Palm Cove hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Osprey V reef tour..

Hi, I want to know if anyone has been on this tour boat recently out of Cairns?

I was considering other reef tours out of PD, but after more research i have decided to leave from Cairns as it's closer to Palm Cove where we are staying.

The Osprey V seems to have very reasonable prices for snorkelling and my 16yr old daughter can get child rates which is a bonus.

Also can you tell me where we can park our hire car in Cairns when we go out on the reef tour?

Thanks...

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Osprey V reef tour..

You gets what you pays for!

Osprey is cheaper than the other boats. It's big and crowded and noisy. Lots of backpackers. A bit boozy on the way back, Your daughter may enjoy it, though. Snorkelling was OK, as was lunch.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Osprey V reef tour..

Car parking is free on Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Rest of the time some area are still free but require a bit of a walk and/or knowledge where.

Outside the pier marketplace have parking, not sure of rules as have only parked there on weekends in memory.

Not really up on where best to park as rarely go in Cairns city but here is the official map!

…qld.gov.au/regulations-and-forms/parking-in…

I am not sure I agree with Margo oz "you get what you pay for" all the time, some times yes other times then, no! ..So generally speaking I do not agree though in this case I have no first hand experience with Osprey V. !!

newcastle
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Osprey V reef tour..

Hi,

Well we ended up going out on the Osprey V and we had a great time. We only paid $285 all up for myself,hubby & 16yr old daughter which was reallly great value!!

The staff were very friendly,helpful and lunch was nice and plentiful..The snorkelling was fun and the free glass bottom boat tour was very informative.

Even though the coral wasn't very colourful due to heavy rains before we arrived there , it was still lovely,.Even managed to spot a small reef shark at the 2nd reef..

And yes there were plenty of backpackers but we had no problems with that, even though we were the only aussies on board and probably the odest as well, lol.....

The entertainment from Elvis on the way back to Cairns was funny and he can really sing - very talented man. And it made the trip go very fast..

So overall we highly reccomend this trip to anyone of any age wanting a good value tour of the reef.

4. Re: Osprey V reef tour..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, October 26, 2012