We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast at Palm Cove

Which Palm Cove hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Breakfast at Palm Cove

Hi guys,

My husband and I are spending 10 nights in Palm Cove in July to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Managed to get a great deal on 'room only' at Peppers Beach Club and Spa but are now wondering what to do for brekky. I emailed the Resort and they said that full breakfast there would cost us $30 per head. Don't want to blow our budget on breakfast alone - maybe a couple of mornings but!! Has anyone got any suggestions on where else to eat in the morning for less cost?

Thanks for any ideas.

Adelaide
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast at Palm Cove

You can't beat breakfast at Horizons, stunning views, eat/drink at your own budjet, relax and read the papers.

Or get a pack of bacon/fresh rolls and bbq for free on the beach.

Adelaide
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast at Palm Cove

Sorry..... Budget!

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast at Palm Cove

Used to be a greasy spoon type of place along the esplanade, have not been to PC for a while so only can speculate it is still open. You can get a bacon and egg roll from the Ellis Beach kiosk for about $5 and go sit on the beach and breakfast with a view (only short drive from PC).

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
345 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast at Palm Cove

I recall that there is a few cafes and restaurants open for brekky. We divert past for coffees after paddling at Ellis Beach on Saturdays. Also if you have a car, as Verdant suggested, Ellis Beach is an option too.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
185 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast at Palm Cove

Vivo do a great a la carte breakfast. http://www.vivo.com.au/cuisine.php#breakfast

Our kids love having breakfast here. We used to eat at Apres Beach - but you can get far better service and better value for money IMHO at one of the restaurants. I also think the Pub/hotel on Veviers Road serves breakfast, there is also a cafe/bakery near the pub that has fresh croissants and rolls, I think you can also have breakfast there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast at Palm Cove

Thank you all for your great ideas.

It does seem we will be able to do brekky quite reasonably after all!

Adelaide
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast at Palm Cove

In Palm Cove at the moment and just had a lovely brekky at The French Corner (Bistro style)on the Esplanade, 2 eggs, 4 bacon, sauteed spuds, 2 toast was $13.50 we shared and was more than enough, going back for Dinner!

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast at Palm Cove

Hiya Cracker, Market Day (until 2) at the Tank Arts if you are looking for something to do before dinner.

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
497 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast at Palm Cove

Frenchies Corner has the best breakfast, the most inexpensive from memory was called Cockies, while O.K. not in the same class as Frenchies.

Cheers

Cas

10. Re: Breakfast at Palm Cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 10, 2010