We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in March?

Which Palm Cove hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Weather in March?

Hiya,

We are planning to come up to Palm Cove in March next year.. I’m just a little concerned about the weather as we have been advised that it will still wet season.. is someone able to shed some light on what the weather has been like in March in the past.. Should we prepare for rain for most of our holiday..?

Sydney
Level Contributor
342 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in March?

Yes expect rain but it will not ruin your trip. Short tropical showers

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
345 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in March?

We can never really predict what the weather will do. I don't think you can rely on the rain being limited to short tropial showers.

Cyclones Larry and Monica struck in March. Cyclone Larry made a heck of a mess but it didn't rain very much afterwards, Cyclone Monica struck two weeks later and while it was a smaller cyclone it dumped a phenominal amount of rain as it poured for weeks afterwards.

Personally I like it when it rains up here as the rain is warm, the humidity feels less oppressive and low clouds provide a bit of an etherial air to our mountains.

You can still go and do things or you can enjoy staying in - which ever is your preferred mode of holiday enjoyment. I think all you will need is an open mind about how to spend your days.

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
548 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in March?

Hi

I em intending to stay end of March and first week of April, should I still expect rain?

Regards

Robynne

4. Re: Weather in March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 10, 2009