We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Angsana Resort or Sea Temple?

Pacific Harbour...
Level Contributor
345 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Angsana Resort or Sea Temple?

Has anyone had a good stay at Angasana lately...I read that it was tired looking but wondered if it had been upgrades since those reviews? Is the Sea Temple better in Palm Cove or Port Douglas?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,608 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Angsana Resort or Sea Temple?

You know what in the end its just a hotel room - you sleep in it. You are only going top be there for 2 nights!!! Why does it matter so much?- just chill out and enjoy. The environment and the experience of it in North Queensland is what counts and its gorgeous- surely the hotel is just a side issue.

When we travel we stay in anything from 6* to youth hostels- and really I hardly remember any of them. I do remember the experiences I had and the places I saw though.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
231 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Angsana Resort or Sea Temple?

the angsana no matter what the age is fantastic,the service is very good. Rooms exellent,rock pool great.we have stayed at the sea temple in palm cove even though it is quite new the angsana wins hands down.

3. Re: Angsana Resort or Sea Temple?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:10 am, February 08, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,073 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Angsana Resort or Sea Temple?

Sea temple without doubt

ocean running i have reviews for both properties and TBH i was very disappointed with Angsana last Sept/oct. i would stay at Sea temple again in aheart beat but have a penthouse! We did the first tiome.

Nozzie,

rooms depend on what you want them for, we wanted a hotel to sit on the balcony, watch the ocean and chill out which was not possible at Angsana. if our room was for going out from 9am to 5pm to sight see and then sleep then not so much an issue as Angsana was quiet and well located.

The fact that i had sliced my hand opened and asked for 30 mins extra room time to "CLEAN UP"before we left showed a totally silly attitude from staff..instead of having a cleaned out fridge, tidied bathrooms etc we left quite a disaster IMHO 3 of us in 30 mins was more than there 1 staff member who did not start to clean the room until after 12 (we were sitting in front of the room on the beach) could dream about.

5. Re: Angsana Resort or Sea Temple?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:12 am, February 08, 2008
boston
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Angsana Resort or Sea Temple?

I am from va. beach, so hopefully your ideas will help in my decision. Trying also to decide asap, between angsana, in Palm cove, and sea temple. or going to port douglas and staying at the sea temple there....

did you get any other info. since your last post? please help.

jacsac

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
185 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Angsana Resort or Sea Temple?

Definately Angsana, has style, charm and atmosphere which are sadly lacking at sea Temple. Also Angsana is a lot closer to all the other restaurants etc in Palm Cove and has great duirect beach access.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
42 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Angsana Resort or Sea Temple?

I can only comment on Sea Temple from experience.

I stayed at sea Temple having researched from friends experiences who have stayed at both. It may be our demographic and preference for modern rather older style but everyone agreed Sea Temple was plush, clean modern and stylish. Facilities of lagoon pools. lap pool and views of the beach certainly met our needs. Best of luck> I am sure you will enjoy either as Palm Cove is a wonderful spot

9. Re: Angsana Resort or Sea Temple?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 11:17 am, September 22, 2009