We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfree Amphora at Palm Cove - what is it like?

Which Palm Cove hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
2 posts
Save Topic
Breakfree Amphora at Palm Cove - what is it like?

Hi I will be staying at Breakfree Amphora at Palm Cove in mid-June 2005, but find it very hard to find reviews as the resort only commenced in October 2004. Has anyone been there? I have booked a Hotel Ocean room and will be staying there for 4 nights. Thanks.

Sydney
Level Contributor
361 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfree Amphora at Palm Cove - what is it like?

Elfee,

The resort is very new. I've been up at Palm Cove several times in the last couple of months and have visited Amphora a number of times. I can't vouch for the service, but can report that the apartments are really well fitted out and the pool is very nice indeed.

The resort is well placed in Plam Cove and the new restaurant there (which is in a little white Queenslander weatherboard house, surrounded by the resort) was very buzzy and served decent food. There are loads of eating options nearby.

Last time I went was a couple of weeks ago and it was pleasantly busy. Being so new they have had problems getting the occupancy rates up so it has been a bit over-quiet sometimes.

Unless the service is terrible, I think you'll be very happy with the place. I'd be very interested to hear what you think after your trip.

Sydney
Level Contributor
361 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfree Amphora at Palm Cove - what is it like?

Elfee,

Take a look at this link which will give you a virtual tour of one of the apartments.

www.belleproperty.com.au/Property.asp…

It really is rather nice.

Sydney
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfree Amphora at Palm Cove - what is it like?

I just got back from there last night (thurs) after staying in the Ocean Room at Amphora. Loved it, the place is beautiful, rooms were spacious (king beds, spa bath) Our room also had kitchen, washer and dryer etc. The Staff were great, friendly and helpful. The day spa is great as well, an excellent spot, I loved Palm Cove, much nicer than Port Douglas more of a village feel. Hope you enjoy it!