We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

photos

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
photos

going to be in Palm Cove for wedding, but its a private simple wedding, so dont want to hire a normal wedding photographer.

Just wanting photos of on the beach and some other personal pics taken, anyone any ideas?

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: photos

Does anyone in the group have any photographic experience? Simple digital cameras nowadays have the technology to produce fantastic, high-quality images. Just load up with a few big memory cards and take lots and lots of photos and then you can edit it down at the end of the day to any good ones. Fuji and Canon make very easy to use, high quality compact cameras.

You could also try contacting the Cairns Photographic Society to see if they have any members that would like the opportunity to expand their portfolio: http://www.cpsinc.org.au/

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: photos

thanks for that idea

Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: photos

And it sounds like you better buy a copy of Photoshop Elements so you can extract a reasonable photo from a cheap camera.

If I can give one piece of advice for a wedding shoot .... frame in on your subjects real close so either get in their face or use the zoom (try to avoid the flash where possible). You are trying to capture people on their big day, not panoramas so backdrops in focus can get very annoying when all you want to see is the bride's smile. Cheap cameras usually help as they open the lens right up so the depth of field (in-focus view) is narrow. I know you can crop after the event but cheap cameras are at their best right in the centre of the viewfinder so don't waste these pixels on unimportant bits! ...end of advice.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: photos

wow, whiteman, thats why i need advice , and help, i cant do all of this tricky stuff.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: photos

A couple more bits that you might remember ...

The best photos usually come just after they have "walked down the aisle" when they are between that period of total stress (the vows) and when they have had all the confetti thrown at them - so be ready for this 5 minute period of opportunity.

If you are going for a posed shot, make sure the subjects' feet are 45 degrees or more away from you - feet straight out make a very flat photo and particularly if the bride has a reasonable figure, get her to stand with her weight on her back foot as this accentuates the S-curve and will make her look more slender (works for grooms as well!). Try asking her to lift her front foot off the ground then put it back down gently to get this affect. Practice this with a friend and you should see what I mean.

Good luck, take heaps, and remember for every good photo the pros "throw away" 100. Great photos are an annual event at best.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: photos

whiteman, thanks, BUT, we cant take photos of ourselves.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: photos

Sorry, I didn't make the connection that you are the bride to be. Nice spot for a wedding on the beach if you like sand on your feet.

Port Douglas
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: photos

Hi Lilyana,

You have picked a nice place to get married by the sea. Friends of mine got married at Holloways beach about 2 yrs ago. They had a very small budget. So for their photo's the gave all the guests some disposable camera's to take photo's of whatever they liked. then had them developed, and chose the one's they liked.It's a great photo album of their wedding, because there where moments caught, that a wedding photographer, would normal miss.

We the guest had a great time, clicking away. Hope this helps you.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: photos

we are on our own.so, maybe get the witness to take at ceremony? but dont know who on beach.

Newport Pagnell...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: photos

Hi lilyana

I haven't been on this forum for donkeys ages, and I see you're getting married.Just wanted to say congratulations on the forthcoming nuptuals.

I hope you get someone to take you photos.

MARGARET