We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viva Wyndham V Samana

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Viva Wyndham V Samana

Any expats or visitors to the area there now (Sublime?) who can walk by and comment on the progress of the rebuild/reno?

Thinking of booking for late November, but a bit hesitant with a November opening.

Canadian tour operators and online TAs are taking reservations but have travelled enough to know that most resorts don't open on time.

Cheers.

Toronto
Level Contributor
649 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viva Wyndham V Samana

We booked for November. We will be in LT in 3 weeks and will pop over to check things out in the mean time. The price for Nov was great, so we took a chance. Westjet probably did thier homework isince they are selling the Hotel. Time will tell. I will bring my tools in case things are no screwed down yet.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viva Wyndham V Samana

Ha ha Drewboy134... Yes prices are great now through all tour operators. Renderings look nice, but don't want to vacation in construction rubble.

Found even better pricing through flight/hotel combo on Exp. flying with Transat. Last time we flew AC, but their flights arrive late in the evening, which I am not a fan of.

Have you ever booked transportation from AZS to LT? Tour Samana with Terry wants around $100, seems a little pricey.

Looking forward to hearing about what you see.

Toronto
Level Contributor
649 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viva Wyndham V Samana

We have a friend pick us up at the airport normally. In Nov we will take the Westjet shuttle. If I knew they were going to restore the old Hotel I would have walkef around more and checked it out before. I rode a motor bike past it and it looked beyond saving to me. Must be mostly all new. Im excited to see how it looks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
87 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viva Wyndham V Samana

Should I be nervous to book this hotel in for middle of december?? Thoughts?

We are flying into AZS directly......

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Viva Wyndham V Samana

Spoke with booking agent by calling number that was on their website. I think it was a 3rd party booking company and not Wyndham directly. She said they don't book hotels until they're physically open.

Also spoke to a large Canadian online travel agency (iTravel2000) and the agent there said that in 7 years that he has worked there, he has never had a tour operator make a hotel available and it not being ready...

Also messaged the Viva Wyndham Facebook page and got a response that it is scheduled to open on time.

So that's what I've got to offer... having said all that... we opted to go to Cayo Levantado :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
87 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Viva Wyndham V Samana

thank you inotv.

Keep us posted! Enjoy your holiday!

Boston...
Level Contributor
87 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Viva Wyndham V Samana

New Opening date Dec 7, 2015

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Viva Wyndham V Samana

Thanks chocolatina... some Canadian tour operators still showing late November departures. They either haven't updated their databases or are offering soft openings.

Drewboy134 - Has your reservation been changed?

We're going to Samana, but chose Cayo Levantado as Air Canada Vacations is having a bit of a sale.

Toronto
Level Contributor
649 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Viva Wyndham V Samana

We have not been notified yet, so still hoping to go on Nov 28th. If they do cancel on us I will roll with something else. We booked with WestJet and they are always easy to get along with. We arrive on Sept 5th and are staying at the Alisei for 1 week and that is still my favorite hang out. I will get over to the Wyndham and try to get on the property to look around.

Fingers crossed we are still on.

New York
Level Contributor
379 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Viva Wyndham V Samana

Ha! We booked for November 18th. Not cool!

What is soft opening?

Thank you.

Inella.