We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Portillo Beach Resort

Which Las Terrenas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
12 posts
Save Topic
El Portillo Beach Resort

Does anyone know if the El Portillo is re-opened after the renovations by Gran Bahia Principe.

I would also appreciate any review from any of the guests who stay there following the renovation.

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Portillo Beach Resort

I too would like to know if anyone has any info on this we are booked in at the end of jan/07.

vancouver
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: El Portillo Beach Resort

Hello, yes the Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo is open and taking reservations with nolitours/air transat. It is rated 4 stars. 396 rooms in three storey buildings, pool, whirpool, 3 bars, buffet and 3 ala carte restaurants, snack bar, tennis, gym, spa, salon, internet access, tour desk, babysitting.

Rooms have 2 double or one king bed. ceilng fan, satellie tv, safe, mini bar, bathroom with tub and shower, hairdryer, balcony or terrace. Upgrade to either the juniour suite with garden view or ocean views.

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Portillo Beach Resort

that's great have you been there since it's been reopened we did up date with air transat to junior suite everything looks wonderful but pictures can be deceiving. Thanks

Cambridge, ON
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: El Portillo Beach Resort

We have also booked into El Portillo Jan 16-23. We're very excited as Las Terrenas looks like a beautiful place. I would love to know more about the resort, though. I am finding very little on the internet. Like you - I worry that photos can be deceiving. I hope the resort is all it's cracked up to be as they've changed it from a 3* to a 5*. I'll keep checking this forum to see if anyone posts who's been there this month. If anyone knows where we can go for up to date photos/information - it would be greatly appreciated.

Whitby
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Portillo Beach Resort

We are looking at the week of Jan 28/07 for this resort. I am only concerned about the beach. I am worried that it's not white sand. We were in PP last year, and the beach was horrid. I am too used to PC. Does anyone know what the beaches look like??

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Portillo Beach Resort

We are booked here on the week of Jan 9th.....will definatly write a trip report as I have not had much luck finding any more then the basic info on this resort....sister in law is a TA so I trust her judgement.

London,Ontario
Level Contributor
239 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Portillo Beach Resort

Booked El Portillo the week of Jan 7th. Like everyone else looking for more info. I have read a lot about the Bahia Principe chain and all their hotels list high in their areas. Looking for any goods sites for tours or pictures of the area. Does anyone know if the take US$ or Dominican peso? Any bank machine in area?

Toronto
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: El Portillo Beach Resort

Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo in Samana (24 pictures)

sunquest.ca/destinations/hotelListings.asp…

London,Ontario
Level Contributor
239 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: El Portillo Beach Resort

These are new pictures after the renovation. These are not the pictures Sunquest had up the other day. Glad we booked here. looks great.

toronto
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: El Portillo Beach Resort

Thining of booking for a week starting dec 31st 06, Pics on the Bahia site look phenomenal. On the sunquest site it says 4 hours drive from the airport. are they now flying to the new samana airport which says 45mins? Anybody know...?