We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anybody stayed at a Los Nomadas Villa on Playa Coson?

Which Las Terrenas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Has anybody stayed at a Los Nomadas Villa on Playa Coson?

Hi there

I am looking into villas in the Los Nomadas developement on Playa Coson. I haven't rented much online, and I am a bit leary. Has anybody rented from Los Nomadas? Any tips for me??

Thanks for any help!

Jaime

Toronto
Level Contributor
531 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anybody stayed at a Los Nomadas Villa on Playa Coson?

Going to Coson today. I will do a walk around and check out Los Nomadas. Gives me something to do besides drink rum all day.

Toronto
Level Contributor
531 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anybody stayed at a Los Nomadas Villa on Playa Coson?

Tried to get in. Denied at the gate. Did not get a good vibe. Not sure if it"s even open. Asked to go in for photo. Was told no.

Stopped at Acaya Hotel in same area. Had drinks and loved it.

Too many great places to choose from. Just come here and pick one.

Las Terrenas...
Level Contributor
410 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anybody stayed at a Los Nomadas Villa on Playa Coson?

Drewboy,

Security at Los Nomadas is one of their main assets, no one just showing up can get in.

Its a private gated community, and owners deal with agencies to rent their houses when they want.

Acaya is located in Bonita, which is a different area alltogether than Coson, but a nice hotel as well.

Where were you guys for Super bowl by the way? loll

One love

R&T

Toronto
Level Contributor
531 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anybody stayed at a Los Nomadas Villa on Playa Coson?

Thanks Terry, that explans it then.

We were on cochos with no reservations so they were right to deny us access.

Don't want to give the wrong impression.

Crap, battery dying

Has ta mon yan ah (See ya tomorrow)

Edited: 1:46 am, February 07, 2013
Draper, Utah
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anybody stayed at a Los Nomadas Villa on Playa Coson?

Hi Jamie,

We rented a Villa at Los Nomadas in July and it was an amazing stay for all of us. We had no problems making the arrangements online and everything went smoothly from the rental to airport transfers and excursions while we were there! We rented Quads and traveled all around the area and loved it. It was a 10 min drive into town. We enjoyed the quite of Los Nomadas but like the freedom to go into town when we wanted.

Good luck finding the right place - we are on our way back again this summer!

Craig

PS - my wife is a Winnipeg girl - I hope the thoughts of a vacation at the beach are keeping you warm these winter days !

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anybody stayed at a Los Nomadas Villa on Playa Coson?

I know people are frustrated with this question but I can't find concrete info anywhere that is not outdated. Were you required to take malaria medicine. I am staying in Las Nomadas next week and am unsure whether or not I need to tell my guests to get a prescription. Thank You. Any tips?

Toronto
Level Contributor
531 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anybody stayed at a Los Nomadas Villa on Playa Coson?

You will not get malaria. I've never seen a post from anyone that has gotten malaria.

Enjoy your vacation.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anybody stayed at a Los Nomadas Villa on Playa Coson?

Hi all

Well, I will be confirming my reservation with one of the villas in Los Nomadas today actually for our winter trip. To respond to the person regarding malaria, no you don't need that shot for this area.

I definitely like being far enough away from things to feel secluded, but close enough to town to go grab a bite. And I have read in a few spots that the security here is a real plus at this complex. Oh man - I can't wait to walk down the beach to have lunch (and burning cold beer!!) at Luis's!!! People - if you go to coson, please have lunch there!

Las Terrenas...
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anybody stayed at a Los Nomadas Villa on Playa Coson?

Very nice safe location diretly at the beach in Coson.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anybody stayed at a Los Nomadas Villa on Playa Coson?

It's a very nice place to stay, but if you do, try to get a beachfront villa. Villas in the back tend to be smaller and I find that they don't offer much privacy. Lots of mosquitoes at dusk, bring spray. And if you want to go to town, you gotta have transportation, it's not walking distance.