We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elevator at Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa

London,Ontario
Level Contributor
252 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Elevator at Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa

Stupid question. A couple of people in my family don't like the look of the elevator going to beach. Is there a path you can take to get to beach?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elevator at Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa

There is...if you head out the back of the hotel towards the wedding gazebo and follow that path (the one that leads to the bridge to nowhere), it will lead to some stairs that go down to the beach. Yeah, I felt a little queazy taking that elevator as well...a couple of cervezas dealt with that though.

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elevator at Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa

Its a hell of a walk just for going to the beach.....

You can tell your family that the elevator is perfectly fine!!!!

Shelburne, Ontario
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Elevator at Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa

I agree with Monica. It is a nice walk going down but very steep coming back. Nothing wrong with the elevator at all. There is a beach bar at the bottom of the elevator. Stop and get and drink for the ride up. The elevator is all glass and you get an awesome view

Shelburne, Ontario
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Elevator at Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa

If you want to go to the other smaller beach over in front of the bungalows, you can hitch a ride on one of the golf carts that go back and forth from there to the front lobby. At the smaller beach is a dock with a lot of lounge chairs, which will remind you of the Muskoka area in Ontario. It is absolutely stunning. There is also a bar and a beach restaurant there where we went for lunch every day because it over looks the cove. Then when you are ready to come back up to either the lobby or the big pool or whatever, just hitch a ride back on the cart again. They come quite frequently.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elevator at Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa

I find the elevators very hot and not fun when the powere goes off.. Not my fav hotel for that reason Also very small beach... and not very pretty.

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,078 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Elevator at Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa

The one in Cayacoa is similar the one in Cayo Levantado. I found no problem to ride on it, BUT i've to agree 100% with poupoun on the very hot matter... now imagine if the power goes off... you'll be cooked alive inside... When we were in Cayo Levantado after we experienced the HOT inside the elevaor we always choose the stairs...

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Elevator at Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa

A bit of common sense please.......... Both Hotels have 24 hours on site maintaince service, and in case of the elevator going off (Its never happened to me, and I go A LOT to these hotels) the guys would inmidiatelly go to solve the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Elevator at Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times and I really like it...but from my experience...don't count on things being repaired quickly. The first time I stayed here the main elevator in the lobby didn't work the entire time. I'm not so sure they have an elevator mechanic on site? Having said that, I never saw this elevator not working when I was there.

ontario
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Elevator at Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa

A group of 6 of us we there end of Jan of this past year. We took the elevator to the beach and the stairs. We were in the villas though so walking and stairs after a while didn't matter much. The elevator was hot but its only a short ride and then you're fine. If you'd rather take the stairs, yes its by the wedding gazebo. Its a nice walk too.

Enjoy

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,954 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Elevator at Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa

I took the elevator down then walked up to the wedding gazebo, door was locked to the lobby, so I had to walk back down and took the elevator back up,

doors were not working well in the elevator, so a staff person was on board and banged them hard to close.

Get answers to your questions about Las Terrenas