We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scoopy7

Keswick, Canada
Level Contributor
509 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
scoopy7

Hi Scoopy7.I hope my review was helpful.We did not make it to Cayo Laventado,to much to enjoy at El Portillo,Miles of beach. We were going to take a day trip to Samana but decided against it.Our A/T rep Robert said there was not much to offer there,and it's kind of a running joke because people from Samana are reffered to the Las Terranas area for nice beach and shopping. It will cost you $80 dollars u.s for a taxi return. The weather was beautiful every day 30-32 degrees every day and no rain. Enjoy your vacation!!!

Keswickdoodle!

Montreal
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: scoopy7

That's what a DR book is saying about the niciest beachs.They are in north -east side (El Portilla) and Punta Cana region.

Did u try sailing? I'd like to learn it over there...

Cant wait to be there...

Keswick, Canada
Level Contributor
509 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scoopy7

No, didn't sail. It is available,but beware of the coral. When we took out the Kayaks there was a lot of shallow coral. It may be better a little further out. Make sure you take a camera with you, a picture of the resort from the water is well worth it.

Montreal
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: scoopy7

I'll try to find a pro Dominicain sailer to drive for me ... of course with a good tip

: )

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
226 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scoopy7

Too bad you missed Playa Bonita and Playa Coson, two of the top beaches in the world, just past Las Terrenas. Both are easily accessed by suv/taxi rides for about USD$20 return trip from the town of Las Terrenas back.

5. Re: scoopy7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 23, 2009