We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions Anyone? Just Returned!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
georgia
Level Contributor
34 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Questions Anyone? Just Returned!

I just returned from vacation in a private villa in Tankah Bay if anyone has any questions about the area I will be happy to help out! What a beautiful place!!!!

14 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions Anyone? Just Returned!

We will be staying 2 nights this February at the Tankah Inn. Was wondering if the shoreline at Tanka Bay was accessible for easy entry for swimming or snorkeling or if water shoes were needed just to get into the water.

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions Anyone? Just Returned!

I can't speak to the exact conditions at the Tankah Inn but generally Tankah Bay is a bit of a difficult entry but worth the time for sure . There will likely be a bit of a cleared path by the Tankah Inn somewhere . We got in okay , down at the Casa Cenote to check out the big " hole " down there where the Manatee cenote empties into the ocean . The day we were there we saw about a thousand finger mullet or other similar fingerlings doing laps of the "crater " and a big live conch which are more common at Tankah than some other places . Cheers and enjoy ! Here's some shots that show typical entries . www.locogringo.com/tankah/tankahinn.html… And another one . locogringo.com/research/beaches/tankah.html

Metro...
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions Anyone? Just Returned!

I did not get water shoes and wish I had. It was indeed pretty rocky going in. I kayaked in the bay and that was great. We stayed at Casa Cavu, just down from the Inn. It is beautiful!!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions Anyone? Just Returned!

Wondering if kayaking in Tanka Bay would be a way to solve the rough water entry problem. How hard is it to get back into a kayak?

Saint John, Indiana
Level Contributor
390 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions Anyone? Just Returned!

How warm was the water and how busy was it? I'm going in 2 weeks and can't wait!

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions Anyone? Just Returned!

The water is always warm by Canadian standards and Tankah is always uncrowded . It is a little remote with little for supplies . Will you have a car ? If not check into having your transfer company stop at a grocery store . Cheers and enjoy ! PM if you like .

sd
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions Anyone? Just Returned!

Hi-we are close to booking one week with villa gordon in Feb 2012. Not sure if this was where you were. If so-

Does the caretaker have children on site?

Did anyone else use the pool?

Are there areas of house under construction?

If you other ideas for a different villa could you pass them on?

Thanks so much-

Mexiaddict

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions Anyone? Just Returned!

We will need a taxi on two of our days. We are staying at Casa Caribean. Is it fairly easy to get a taxi to come to the house?

Marietta, GA
Level Contributor
29 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions Anyone? Just Returned!

Since the Tankah area is off the beaten path of Tulum, did you have any concerns about safety?

Thanks so much. We are considering a rental on Tankah Beach. The rental is the only structure on the property.

Thanks.

JOHN

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
248 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Questions Anyone? Just Returned!

I am considering Tankah as a place to do some snorkeling from shore. We are staying in Tulum, and I am looking for a spot to introduce my son (he is 14 and swims just fine, but has never used a snorkel) to snorkeling where he can enter from the beach vice being dropped off a boats. WE have a rental car, and we have water shoes). What do you think of Tankah as a candidate for this?

Reply to: Questions Anyone? Just Returned!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Soliman Bay