We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Nah Alux

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Oregon
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Casa Nah Alux

Has anyone stayed at Casa Nah Alux? I am considering taking the bus from Cancun airport to Soliman Bay, any advice? What about best place to buy groceries?

Any advice appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Alux
Alux
2,408 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Omaha
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Nah Alux

Did you stay there? I am going Oct 26th and have the same questions as you.

York
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Nah Alux

Hi

What did you think of Nah Alux and soliman bay? We're panning on going in July 2008....?

Lucy

Mentioned in this post
Alux
Alux
2,408 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
9 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Nah Alux

While this thread is old, I have never seen a reply and was asking the same questions before we stay at Nah Alux.

The Yucatan's Soliman Bay is a beautiful spot to relax and Nah Alux was wonderful. The kitchen casita and the two blue casitas face the ocean. The pink casita faces into the garden and is across from the pool. At this time there is an empty lot to the south and with the slight set back in relation to Playa Maya next door on the north. So the property feels very secluded and private.

The kitchen casita has a bath with shower, a futon, and a pantry with a second refrigerator.

There is a good market just as you go into Tulum. Tulum also has a couple of good fish and fruit markets. Eggs, milk and coffee were provided for the first morning.

We overnighted at the Cancun Marriot near the airport on the way in to wait for the remainder of our party. While we waited we took the oppotunity to make a costco/wallmart run for staples and beverages.

My only advice on arriving at Soliman Bay is to do so before dark. The road markings are poor and the lights for the landmark restaurant go off by 7 or 8 making it almost impossible to see in time to make the turn. There was a fair amount of road construction to make this really interesting.

Go and enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Alux
Alux
2,408 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Playa Maya
Playa Maya
674 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
4. Re: Casa Nah Alux

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Soliman Bay