We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to coolum beach..need help

queensland
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Moving to coolum beach..need help

Hi ho all,

My husband just spent 6 weeks working at coolum beach and loved it there so much that he came home and said he wants to move there,im all for it.He said the people,place and the relaxed feeling he got there is what made his mind up.

My question if anyone can help me with is...where to buy and where not to buy?????....i have lived in Brisbane for 18 years and there are some areas you wouldnt touch with a barge pole so im wanting someone that knows Coolum to help me please.

We want to see the ocean, a pole home is our wish.If anyone can please help me i would be so happy.Cant wait to move but we want a nice area.

Thanks in advance on any sugestions you may have...good or bad.

Cheers....Warwick

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to coolum beach..need help

There are no good and bad places in coolum. If you can see the ocean or walk to the ocean you are buying blue chip real estate and will have a great investment as well as a comfortable home. My only suggestion would be to stay away from the main roads and buy something with 4 beds and double lock up.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,890 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to coolum beach..need help

Look up on the hill overlooking the ocean, if there was to be a "bad" area of Coolum than i suggest not to be on the west side of the hill, as it can miss the breezes... cheers, yep beautiful place should have bought something there 10 or even 20 years ago and i would be set for life... cheers

queensland
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving to coolum beach..need help

Thank you 2 so much for your input as it helps to be in the know these days.We just put our home on the market on Friday and we already have a buyer....everything goes so quick.

One more question if thats ok....is there any big building going on up there,like any big highways being built,or maybe big shopping places that we need to keep away from.My husband just finished painting a house in Grandview Lane....to die for.

Could you also advise us as to how the work situation is up that way.My husband has his own painting business and ill do anything.Is there much work about????

Sorry to keep asking questions but you guys seem to have the edge on whats happening as you are up that way...Thanks again im so delighted you have helped me

If you know of a pole home comming up for sale....id be in heaven,hahah.

Cheers....Warwick

4. Re: Moving to coolum beach..need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, September 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Coolum Beach
More Coolum Beach Topics