We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 day Croatia itinerary

6 posts
1 review
8 day Croatia itinerary

Hi. Need some advice on my itinerary... My husband and I fly in to Zagreb late August and fly out of Dubrovnik 8 days later. I'm considering the following route:

Day 1: arrive late in Zagreb. Overnight.

Day 2: Sightsee the morning in Zagreb, then take rental car to plitvice and explore from lunchtime to evening. Overnight in plitvice

Day 3: drive to split, stopping in trogir along the way. Overnight in split and drop off rental

Day 4: ferry to hvar, overnight

Day 5: hvar. Overnight.

Day 6: ferry to Dubrovnik. Overnight

Day 7: Dubrovnik, overnight

Day 8: depart back home

We want to see as much of the beaches as possible in addition to exploring the islands. Good food and good wine are top of our agenda! Can this work though.... Or should we stay in korcula rather than hvar?

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
20,027 posts
174 reviews
129 helpful votes
1. Re: 8 day Croatia itinerary

This can work, but it is incredibly rushed, IMO.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
33 reviews
13 helpful votes
2. Re: 8 day Croatia itinerary

You are fine, if you are know exactly what are you looking for. If you don't have right plan, you might be rushed and lost. Learn as much as you can and make plan of the visit to each place carefully according to your preference.

6 posts
1 review
3. Re: 8 day Croatia itinerary

Thanks. I tend to be a planner. Of note. There's just so much to see and do....

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
76,527 posts
88 reviews
33 helpful votes
4. Re: 8 day Croatia itinerary

I also think it's a bit rushed...but doable.

5. Re: 8 day Croatia itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 26, 2017