We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Airbnb Safe to book croatia with?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is Airbnb Safe to book croatia with?

HI All,

I am looking to book an apartment through airbnb for my stay in split. Has anyone ever booked split accommodation through that website and is it safe?

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Airbnb Safe to book croatia with?

I hope it's safe! My children have just booked an apartment through Airbnb for their stay in Split. The owner was very nice and helpful and answered all their questions straight away. He seemed very genuine.

I have done a lot of research on Airbnb as my husband and I have also booked a couple of apartments through the site for our holiday in Italy. What it has going for it compared to some other sites is that the owner doesn’t get paid until 24 hours after you check in, so if there are any problems you can contact Airbnb and let them know. Also all the reviews are genuine the good and the bad. You are not allowed to post a review unless you have actually stayed in the accommodation not like some other sites where anyone can go and do a review.

One apartment we were looking at we asked the owner a question. He didn’t reply but preapproved our stay. Obviously we didn’t book with him. It might be a good idea to ask a couple of question and see how the owner responds. Just don’t forget the language barrier.

I hope that this will ease your mind a bit.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Airbnb Safe to book croatia with?

Thank you very much for your helpful advice ! Yes it's very stresful considering you have to pay the whole amount - I'm just hopping its all legit and I don't get ripped off ! Thank you so much !

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Airbnb Safe to book croatia with?

Yes, I've booked twice with AirBnb, but in London both times. I highly recommend it! You have direct contact with the owners and can call them any time after you've booked, as their phone number is supplied. They will get into contact with you first.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Airbnb Safe to book croatia with?

Thank you very much for your helpful advice !

Bydgoszcz
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Airbnb Safe to book croatia with?

I booked an apartment in Split with Airbnb last summer (2013). No problems at all. The owner was delightful, and the stay most pleasant.

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Airbnb Safe to book croatia with?

Hi,

I don't think it's an issue of 'is Airbnb in Croatia safe' but if Airbnb is safe in general. :)

I've been hosting people via Airbnb the whole last summer and never had problems with guests. I also travelled with Airbnb as a guest and can tell you that it's as safe as it can get. All guests need to scan and upload some form of ID before they can book and they need to pay the money in advance, which ensures that host is paid and that hosts can't try to trick people into paying more.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Airbnb Safe to book croatia with?

Thank you all for your advice. Much appreciated - just needed that assurance :)

8. Re: Is Airbnb Safe to book croatia with?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, June 30, 2014
9. Re: Is Airbnb Safe to book croatia with?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 02, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Split-Dalmatia County